Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELLO I HAD MY LAP BAND SURGERY SEP 09 2YRS N I LOST ONLY 50LBS I HAVEN'T GAINED ANY WEIGHT BUT I'VE BEEN STUCK AT 290 I DON'T EAT MUCH HAVE A shake IN THE MORNING AND SOMETIMES FOR lunch BUT I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I HAVEN'T LOST ANYMORE WEIGHT I'M SO DEPRESSED I DON'T KNO WHAT TO DO ANYMORE AND FEEL LIKE I SHOULD'VE WENT WITH DA GASTRIC BYPASS INSTEAD ALL I FEEL IS REGRET AT THIS POINT.

Try upping calories, Protein and Water. People here say it worked for them. And talk to your doc as well

Any reason you're drinking a shake for 2 meals? Drinking your calories really isn't ideal. Be sure you're tracking/weighing what you eat. If you're not exercising, start.

You really need to have 2 conversations-one with yr doctor and ask him what's going on with the fills? If you are properly filled you really can't handle excess food. Secondly, contact yr nutritionist and see what they have to say. 50 pounds is quite an achievement but now that you haven't been losing it's time to call in the professionals. If you are not happy with your doctor's answers then it may be time to ask around for recommendations for a new doc. Good luck!

First of all do you track your calories, Protein, and Water intake? If you don't you should. Do you exercise?

As already mentioned, start working out if you haven't already. There are so many benefits, just one being weight loss. Start out slow and gradually increase your duration/intnesity. It's so tough to get started (took me about 4 months post op) but it will become a matter of routine. You can do it!

Reverie: I can't have Breakfast or sometimes lunch so I'm not quite sure why there's no weight lost I'm able to eat dinner n maybe even a snack after depending how hungry I get. I started workin out at home about 2wks ago and now just joined LA fitness and thinking of joining weight watchers. I really need help I won't give up just get depressed n discouraged and it doesn't help at all.

Why are you unable to eat breakfast & lunch? Are you not able to handle the solids? If so it may be that your band is too tight and you need some Fluid removed. I'd call your doctor. If you don't have time to eat, make time.

Because of how the band works (keeping us full for 4-5+ hours) all liquid calories should be avoided (protein shakes, juice, soda pop, ice cream etc) except for up to two 8-ounce glasses of nonfat milk a day (not during of right after meals though). Replacing meals with Protein Shakes is actually a no-no.

You should be taking in at least 64 ounces of Water a day.

Limit your carbohydrates. Focus on Protein first; lean Proteins. You should be eating 3 meals per day, each meal being only 3-4 ounces of protein and about 1/2 a cup of veggies. Most people need to take in around 60 grams of protein a day. Avoid grazing and snacking between meals or after dinner. Focus on fluids before meals, as drinking during and after will dilute the food you just ate and wash it thru the band too fast to keep you satiated.

For tracking, I'd really recommend keeping a journal each day. Track how many servings of water you have. (I drink 20 ounces half an hour or so before my 3 meals). Track meal size, what you ate/how much and total the calories. Someone else may know better, but I think the goal is 1200 calories or less per day for the average banded person? Also write down protein grams eaten. You can find all of this on nutritional labels or google calorie counting programs online. Account for ALL snacks/grazing/liquid calories thruout the day as well.

Are you in a support group? If not you may want to get into one. ;)

Congrats on the 50 pounds!!! I know you're not at goal, but 50 pounds is a huge accomplishment!

Reverie: I can't have breakfast or sometimes lunch so I'm not quite sure why there's no weight lost I'm able to eat dinner n maybe even a snack after depending how hungry I get. I started workin out at home about 2wks ago and now just joined LA fitness and thinking of joining weight watchers. I really need help I won't give up just get depressed n discouraged and it doesn't help at all.

You're probably not eating enough. I don't believe in starvation mode but eating so little ruins your metabolism. Maybe your band is too tight.

I agree that you're not eating enough calories. Too few calories can be almost as bad as too many as far as weight loss goes. A lot of people are tighter in the morning. Try drinking something warm to help loosen the band so you can get something down...Greek yogurt has a decent amount of Protein (more if you add some unflavored protein powder) but may go down for you. If that doesn't hep you to be able ti eat some breakfast and lunch then you probably need a small unfill.

I love love love greek yogurt! I eat at for about one meal a day, with about 1/4 granola to "firm it up." (supposedly sits in the upper stomach longer) It has way more Protein than normal yogurt, and is thicker. Chiobani (sp?P makes some really yummy flavors, and they have some 0-fat ones that are really good!

And yes, if it's a matter of your band being tigher in the mornings/noon (very common problem) sip on some hot tea or Water to help loosen things up...great idea Vicky!!

I love love love greek yogurt! I eat at for about one meal a day, with about 1/4 granola to "firm it up." (supposedly sits in the upper stomach longer) It has way more Protein than normal yogurt, and is thicker. Chiobani (sp?P makes some really yummy flavors, and they have some 0-fat ones that are really good!

And yes, if it's a matter of your band being tigher in the mornings/noon (very common problem) sip on some hot tea or Water to help loosen things up...great idea Vicky!!

I agree that greek yogurt is great. I have recently discovered it and I love it. Chobani is the best kind!

HELLO I HAD MY LAP BAND SURGERY SEP 09 2YRS N I LOST ONLY 50LBS I HAVEN'T GAINED ANY WEIGHT BUT I'VE BEEN STUCK AT 290 I DON'T EAT MUCH HAVE A shake IN THE MORNING AND SOMETIMES FOR lunch BUT I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I HAVEN'T LOST ANYMORE WEIGHT I'M SO DEPRESSED I DON'T KNO WHAT TO DO ANYMORE AND FEEL LIKE I SHOULD'VE WENT WITH DA GASTRIC BYPASS INSTEAD ALL I FEEL IS REGRET AT THIS POINT.

I strongly suggest that you go in to your surgeon's office and talk with the nutritionist. When you go, take at least one week (two is better) of a journal that documents every bite of food or drink of liquid you take, including calories and Protein. That will help the nutritionist see what's going on.

It's hard to say why you aren't losing without this detailed information. You could have too few calories, or you could have too many (at dinner and the snack, if you're over-indulging to compensate for not being able to eat breakfast and dinner). This is the time to follow-up with your doctor and make a plan together that gets you back on the right track.

there are multiple food journals on the web. I would reccommend that you google and review them and then choose the one that works best for you...All have BMI, calorie, Carb, Protein, Fat counters as well as an area to log in your exercise. Live strong, my fitness pal, as well as several others are there. Some are available to be downloaded onto your cellular phone. Good luck and keep us updated.