Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly Banded from Massachusetts

No, I only had to fast the day before surgery. It's just been these two weeks after surgery for Protein Shakes and clear Soups, etc. My next two weeks will be cream soups and "mushies." I don't know that I could have survived a whole week before surgery on liquids, too!

Even with the weight loss I feel bloaty still, but know it will pass eventually. My understanding is that this phase of eating is to let the stomach, especially, get used to the band, not overworking it and letting the swelling go down so it settles into place well without taking chances with slipping.

I can't really say I'm starving, just really getting bored with the same things. I just tell myself, okay, it's only two weeks out of my life, I can do this! :thankyou:

Right now Soup is my best friend and cherry Jello with a little ff cool whip. mmmmmmm! Love it! (just a little self talk there) I made a recipe of tortilla soup. I watered it down with a little broth but it is all using ff Soups. I strained out the chicken for that # 1 man in my life. Bless his skinny little butt! Last night he made a bag of popcorn and told me "Ma! I love ya but I need popcorn so plug your nose." He is a riot. Keeps my spirits up. He has this marvolous quirky sence of humor and I think that is why I still love him after 36 years at the trough of marriage.

Today I weighed too. I am at 17 ugly pounds lost. Half of them left my face but that's okay. It was kind of fat too. Hope most of the rest comes off my sit downer and the balance off my fat tummy. Ugh!!

Well, I'm off to have my 2nd Protein drink of the day. Can't wait!!

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Hi and welcome to LBT.

Marypetunia

i feel bloated too, this is one week after surgery for me today; i still have a swollen feeling; we are on clear liquid diet the week before; from surgery date for 2 weeks suppose to be clear liquid and cream Soups and milkshakes and V8; well i am sick of creamed soups; i am ready for some cottage cheese, meat, eggs something; but yes the idea is to have the stomach not so swollen when you begin to eat; the doctor said that the gas can takeup to 3 weeks; i am taking 6 gas x a day; right after meals except dinner i do at bedtime; my stitch areas don't hurt, just straight down my stomach where i presume it is still swollen; I am totally sick of Protein drinnks; My husband too hairagain eats popcorn and that is a tough smell to take; we have gone to 3 movies since my surgery last monday and that popcorn smell oh my.............. i just take my gatorade but it's a killer; or our theatre serves the best pretzels with cheese sauce, what i would give.........................

Hello all! I'm in the waiting process of insurance approval and them I'll be setting the date for my surgery. It's exciting but I am a bit nervous for the surgery. At 370 lbs, I'm just nervous about the anesthesia. Did anyone have any problems and am I worrying too much about it? If anyone could share their experience when they woke up, that would be great!

Thanks and God Bless,

do not worry at all, i was out and then awake with no problem; easy surgery; i was banded on the 16th of january an dhave lost 39 lbs to date with 2 fills; going in for a 3rd in 1 1/2 week; very anxious to have another one; i eat a lot of foods; i am also taking Water aerobics and love it; where will you have your surgery and what doctor?