Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PLEASE HELP

I have no idea what is going on...

I seemed to stop losing weight despite eating the same amount of calories and still exercising EVERYDAY!! I mean I am up to 3 miles a day at least on structured walks. I can not figure out how I am not losing ANYTHING now. I was doing great and I lost 30 pounds in less than 2 months and now... Well NOTHING... I bought two 2 1/2 pound ankle weights and started walking with them yesterday hoping that maybe I just need to do something extra, maybe my body is just used to it now??? I don't know... I am having surgery on the 6th of June, I weight in for the last time on surgery on Friday, and I feel so disappointed in myself that this will be the first time I have not lost Anything since my 30 pound weight loss. Is there something I am doing wrong? Do I need less calories now? I almost feel like I want to do liquids till I see the Dr on Friday to get weighed in so I don't feel like a total failure... :(

So frustrated!

How many calories are your eating each day? With all of the exercise you are doing, it is possible that you aren't eating enough.

I eat 1200 calories a day and walk 3 miles a day.

Everyone's caloric needs are different. A lot of people stick to 1200 as a guideline but there are also many people who do better with slightly lower or slightly higher levels. I don't exercise as much as you are and my best range is 1,000-1,100 but there are people on here who exercise a lot and lose better at 1,400 or even higher. My suggestion would be to "tweak" your calories slightly and give it several days to see if there is any change. Also look at what are you eating...I seem to do better on a lower carb diet (below 40 g per day)...again, that's just what works for me. You will find that throughout this process you will be continually evaluating what you are eating and making slight changes in order to keep things moving.

thank you for the input. I usually stick to the meals in the box that are all portioned for me.. lol One day I will have to start to learn how to cook again... I think I just might pick up a new hobby :)

thank you for the input. I usually stick to the meals in the box that are all portioned for me.. lol One day I will have to start to learn how to cook again... I think I just might pick up a new hobby :)

I hate to say it, but that could also be part of the problem. Prepackaged meals have a ton of sodium which could be affecting your weight loss. Maybe try buying a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store then heat up canned veggies or have a salad to go with it...that won't require cooking and might be a better choice...

yeah I might try that, I think there is a lot of carbs also in those pre packaged meals... Seems most of them are pasta...