Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going to see Oprah!!!

:clap2: I am going to Oprah! :faint: I can't wait!! So now I am making a very big effort to lose some more before I go. I have to find the perfect outfit!! I am so excited! I have wanted to go for years! And I happened to check the website and the phonelines opened at 10am and by 11:30am I had reservations! I am going to chart my progress starting on Monday...going out tonight so the liquor will be flowing!! :omg: Therefore, Monday will be my starting day!

OK I am SOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Oprah!!!! Let us all know which show you are going to be going to so we can watch for you in the audience!!!!!!

Best of luck

Tina

OIOOOOOH! you are sooooo lucky! I am jealous! You must tell us when the show is to air, so we can watch for you! I have always wanted to go see her show in person. I love her!

You are a lucky duck!

Have fun!

How cool! I went to see her show back in 1991 and it was a lot of fun. Maybe you'll win a car, lol. :)

Kathy,

WHEN???? when do you have tickets for the show? Please let us know so we can be glued to the tube - watching for you.

Btw... who's Oprah? hehehe

Is she going to TX or are you comming to Chicago? If you are going to be in Chicago I would love to get together for lunch, maybe get a few others to join us? Let me know if you are interested. ~Mandy

I have no clue what the topic for the show is going to be. But it would be so cool to be there when they are giving stuff away or a celebrity is her guest. OMG! Could you imagine her guest being someone like Brad & Angelina or George Clooney, someone like that!? I would die. Ooh ooh! Or Nate Berkus....whata cutie! But with my luck it would be something kind of depressing and sad! BUT! It's the Oprah Winfrey Show....who cares! Right!!! :clap2:

The show tapes on February 28th (my daddy's bday!) and I have to be there no later than 11:30 and it is an afternoon taping so I am happy with that because then maybe she will stay with the audience longer and maybe tape an After Show...that would be sweet!

I am taking my mom, her best friend and my mother-in-law. And now all of 4 of us are starting to freak out about what to wear. Anyone know what the weather in Chicago is like around that time of year?? I know being in Texas down by Galveston it has been unusually warm and we have fire bans in effect statewide so I have no use for sweaters or coats! My mom said she is going to watch EVERY show until then so she can get an idea of what to wear...she's so funny! I have Oprah on my TiVo so I won't miss it either!!!

Anyways, I am very excited and thanks to everyone for sharing my excitement with me!!! :)

I am from the southwest burbs and it is still pretty cold in Chicago in feb. Last year we had an ice storm on my b-day (feb 8th) The average is in the upper 30's but it will feel cooler downtown as you are closer to the lakefront. Here are the averages for Chicago http://weather.yahoo.com/climo/USIL0225_f.html You can also get a 10 day forecast right before you leave from here. We have a saying in Chicago, if you don't like the weather, stand still it will change really soon. We had a beautiful day on Friday, light jackets and I actually wore capris, then yesterday were got like 4.5 inches of snow. Come prepared for rain, ice and upper 30's to lower 40's.

I would like to suggest a place for lunch or dinner the day of the taping. Right across the street is a place called Flat Top Grill, it is really cool, you make your own stir-fry or Soup and they cook it to your liking. They have a web-site www.flattopgrill.com The food is really good, they have let me eat at the child's price before and it is all you can eat for everyone else. If you don't like what you have made, try something else no problem. Let me know if there is anything else you are looking to do, maybe I can give you some pointers. ~Mandy

:hungry: That place sounds cool! Thanks for the heads-up! My mom is already asking me what we are going to do while we are there. Tuesday is when we go to the show but we are getting there on Monday so I am going to check around on the net and see what's around and get some ideas but I will for sure drop an email to ya and get some advice! Thanks so much Mandy!!! :teeth:

Maybe she'll want to see your "tatoos", just kidding with you, LOL.

I think it is soooo very special you're taking your mom AND mom n law. Sounds like they're lucky to have you. I hope you have a great time.