Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Prayers requested for my doggie

Last night both of my chows got out of the yard, and unfortunatley one of them was hit by an SUV. Princess Rachel is a beautiful 2 year old chow that I've had since she was 6 weeks old. After the incident, a neighbor notified us and we brought Rachie in the house and observed her. She seemed shaken up and had a cut to her paw and her snout, but not in any trauma. The driver stopped by later in the evening to let us know he didn't actually run her over with his tire, but she did hit his bumper and went running off. We agonized over whether or not to take her to the emergency vet, and finally decided to wait until morning. My husband is taking Rachie to the vet this morning because she really just isn't acting like herself. I feel horrible that we didn't take her sooner, and now am just so worried that she has internal bleeding or some horrible problem that the vet won't be able to fix. Please say a prayer for my Princess doggie. I'll let you all know how she's doing as I get the info. I have some lovely pictures of her on another thread around here, I'll try to find them.

Thank you!

I've been checking out the lighted dog collars at this site:

www.auroralites.com

My mom met a lady who was walking her black dog at night, and said that the collar made the dog very visable. We have a fully fenced yard, but every once in a while the dogs dig a hole so they can get out and explore the neighborhood. I'm hoping that replacing and dog proofing the fence will help, but I think I'm going to buy a few of these collars too.

No word yet on how Rachel is doing.

I am sorry to hear that your doggie is hurt. I will keep her in my prayers. Lighted collars are a great idea..helps motorists to see the bikers at night too when they have similar lights on thier bikes.

Please post what has happened to your dog...I am so sorry you are going through this, and will pray that your dogbaby is going to be okay. Cindy

Well, the verdict is in from the vet's office. It seems that Rachel doesn't have any fractures. She most likely is very sore due to bruising and she tore off one of her claws. She's hobbling around our house with a bandaged paw, but that is definately better than not being there at all, so I'll take it! I had to work alot yesterday and again today, so I'm spending as much time with her as I can and showering her with love. This whole incident has brought out such emotions in my husband for her that I never knew were there (he's not much of a dog person). It truely is very sweet and at this point I can't tell who is giving her more attention dh, me, or our 5 year old son.

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes. It means alot to me to know that I have such a great support system out there.

JUst saw your post toady. I am so happy the outcome is has good as it could be. SHe sounds like she is being spoiled & loved loved loved! What a lucky dog to have you & your family. Give her a rub on the belly from me:0)