Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction???Weightloss????WEIGHT LOSS METHODS???

Im still new to the band but there is a few things I notice and would like to share. . My stats and story. I started this journey Feb 16 2011 .I was on a 1 month preop diet nothing but Optifast, at the time I was like he has loss his damn mind,lol.. I stuck to that as close as possible and loss 30 lbs in 1 month , Now I wish I wouldve followed it to a tee because I could ve loss more, but YES I cheated on my pre op. I had my surgery 3-17 all went well no pain besides getting up and down out the bed . No gas issues. Had my first fill 4-17 weight loss was slow to me a 7 lb loss . NOW my first fill I did not feel ANY difference in fact I felt hungrier . I gained 10 lbs in 3 weeks and was devastated, then a week before I was scheduled for a 2nd fill I begun to get full quicker . I lost 9 lbs in the week before my fill. My dr did nt want to give me a fill but told him my story and how before last week I could eat more then I could before the band. So I got a small fill. And I am proud to say I have loss about a pound a day since then sometimes a lil more. I cant say im one of the people who actually feel restriction, but I can say I know when I am no longer hungry , at that point I usually stop eating , its also best to fix a smaller plate if ur like me and want to eat until ur plate is clean. I usually fix meat the size of my palm 4tbl spoons of veggies and fruit. I tried many plans with the band .. Atkins.... That did not work for me at all I stayed the same weight for 2 weeks. What I do now and it is working well for me is low carb which I dont count carb onl calories. No Pasta rice potatoes or white bread, I try to eat whole wheat , but I limit that also because I noticed a smaller drop in weight loss when I eat any type of bread. Ex of a menu dinner go lean Kashi Cereal or i egg chopped ham and chopped turkey and cheese all scramble and a piece of fruit some morning I can eat all of that some times I cant ...lunch 2 chicken selects or 5 piece nugget and a yogurt parfait or fruit and walnut salad from Mickey Ds... dinner tuna or seafood salad with a few special K chips or salad or some type of meat a veggies and fruit. Now this is what I do. I am not saying yeah keep eating fried foods and go to mcdonalds this is just me and whats working at the moment. I can tell you not eating enough is a NO NO after surgery for a week or 2 I was barely eating and I just knew I would loose weight, lol not a pound did I drop. As for exercise I love weight lifting and I walk some times but I definitely move and I have started dancing, and just a lil extra moving while sitting in a chair will help, Im far from a exercise guru but seeing the weight drop quickly has me more motivated to move more. The reason for this topic is to let anyone that is feeling bad and has slow weight loss know its okay , try different think no carb is not for everyone weight watchhers , low carb etc... test the waters but tr ur best to limit calories but dont go to low on calories.. With what ever u try do YOUR best and dont worry about the next person u may lose no weight for 3 weeks straight like myself and the next week u could lose 9 lbs. Good luck everyone

Starting weight 366 2-16-2011

Surgery day 330 3-16-2011

1st fill 321 i think 4-16-2011

2nd fill 314 5-16-2011

Today 5-21-2011 307.2

Forgive me for all GRAMMAR AND SPELLING errors.lol

Congrats on your loss! And I know you said you don't feel restriction but it seems like you've got the best of "restriction" without all the yucky PBing and sliming side effects :)

Congrats on your loss! And I know you said you don't feel restriction but it seems like you've got the best of "restriction" without all the yucky PBing and sliming side effects :)

Thxxxx. i guess u can call it that. No pbing , stuck , coming back up , as of now. I am very happy for that , I guess I just thought I would feel restriction,my dr says thats something that you should not feel, I just should stay full for 4-6 hours, and I do , but I want to not have to stop myself I want that full feeling after a few bites.lol

I'm two years out and I never feel "full" in my lower abdomen any longer. It's different. I feel satisfied now. If I do eat enough to feel full.. I've over eaten. YMMV of course, but just wanted to share my experience.

YW Wheeler... I posted because I know it can be so discouraging sometime.

Thank you for sharing and congrats on your weight loss. It was encouraging to me!