Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I need an unfill help please

I hope I am too but I had sips of cold tea from 11 to 3 pm. Then at 4 pm out of nowhere it came back up. I've never been this bad after a fill.

I have been this bad before, but you are getting conflicting advise. I guess you are just going to have to wing it for the weekend.

If your in THE RED ZONE. Where nothing will go down. Until you get unfilled, you will have to try to see what works for you. I understand the idea of the cold helping to reduce the swelling... But don't forget ! Cold also closes the muscles up where the band is sitting. Anyone that don't believe it. Just go get a glass of ice cold, even cold, and drink it, then you wil feel the muscles closing up.

I wouldn't go to hot, I would try to stay tap Water warm. I do this all the time, and it goes down easier.

At this point what have you got to lose!

You don't want that band to slip from throwing up...

If you can't do it at all, then go to the E.R. where he works out of, and tell them what's wrong and that he is your Dr..

Someone has got to be able to help you out... (I HAVE BEEN IN YOUR SHOES BEFORE, AND I KNOW IT IS HELL!)

I have been this bad before, but you are getting conflicting advise. I guess you are just going to have to wing it for the weekend.

Did you end up with an unfill when you were like this?

not always, one time I did, but it ended up being an altitude issue in the end. That time I went back for a re-fill 2 weeks later to get back to my sweet spot.

YES ! I was way to tight so they emptied me.

If you can sip lukewarm stuff and keep it down, they might just take out a little to make the difference.

I couldn't swallow spit ! and that is know lie.

That's when he thought he blew the band...

I know it's rough, but if you can at least swallow something, and keep it down, then he might just say

that your a little to full, because you got threw the weekend.

You know what I mean !

Now what? The foaming and sliming has stopped. I'm no longer in pain and I can drink hot or cold liquids with no problems.

So was it just swelling or do I still need a slight unfill?

For now I'm not taking any chances. I'm sticking with the Clear Liquids and I will call and talk to the nurse about it tomorrow. I will say I feel 100% better compared to Friday. Still too scared to try anything thicker than liquids though.

Now what? The foaming and sliming has stopped. I'm no longer in pain and I can drink hot or cold liquids with no problems.

So was it just swelling or do I still need a slight unfill?

For now I'm not taking any chances. I'm sticking with the Clear Liquids and I will call and talk to the nurse about it tomorrow. I will say I feel 100% better compared to Friday. Still too scared to try anything thicker than liquids though.

So your swelling went down, that's great... Now you move on to mushies, and see if you can stand it. (THIS WAY YOU KNOW IF YOUR REALLY TO FULL.) If it is not a problem, and you want to stay the way you are, then it's up to you.

Or if you want to get a little unfill, that's up to you too. But you really should see if mushies (JUST A LITTLE GOES DOWN.) Even if it's a little watery oatmeal.

Remember about 3 days of liquid after every fill, then 1 day mushies, then move on to food. Otherwise in the liquid stage if you eat, you will probably swell up.

I'm going to try a thin/watery Protein Shake for now and see how that goes. I'm able to drink more today also. Like volume wise. I was only able to do 1/8 cup every hour but I'm able to do a cup to cup and half per hour now. Not chugging it all at one time but drinking it slowly.

That sounds good., just take your time.

Woot! That went down with no issues:)

I'll probably wait until tomorrow morning and try some watery mushies. If they stay down then I may just go slow and keep waiting it out. Right now I'm just happy that the pain is gone.

Just for a little comparison - when I get fills now I usually only get a .1 or a .2. My PA gave me some very good advice - it's better to approach the sweet spot carefully versus overshooting and then having to go backwards. I know you and I were July '10 bandsters so we are at very similar places in our journey :) I hope the fill turns out all right...it really sounds like if you got .2 or .3 removed it will be just right. You will go crazy and resort to eating all slider foods if you are too tight. I've been there :) It's very important to be able to eat meat! Good luck!!!

Woot! That went down with no issues:)

I'll probably wait until tomorrow morning and try some watery mushies. If they stay down then I may just go slow and keep waiting it out. Right now I'm just happy that the pain is gone.

I'm very GLAD for you !:D I hope your able to keep your fill, and that is was just swelling,

Let me know how your doing......

Shirley.

Thanks everyone! The funny thing was when I got my fill in February he said we need to go really slow because your getting close and he did just .2 cc's. Then the other day he's like your getting so close I'm only going to do .5 cc's. I was like what? I expected another .1 or .2 cc's.

Not any great advice as I really have no idea yet, but just wondering ......I do not have a fill yet, (i am only 4 weeks out) but my doctors office told me that when i come in to get a fill, that they require all patients to wait and drink a full cup of Water and make sure it goes down without coming back up before they let you leave the office. I am guessing that they do this because they don't want patients to have the sort of "way too tight" feeling. Does your doctors office do this? It sucks that this is happening to you, and that you have to wait a weekend to be seen to give you relief. If they don't require you to do this, then I would take some water with you when you go back and be sure that it goes down before you leave, so that you don't have to suffer. Best wishes to you!