Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HAD MY LAP BAND DONE MONDAY THIS WEEK AND......

I feel so awful, I can't even describe it.

pain in my shoulders, neck, whole abdominal area and my head hurts too

terribly tired and my reading of text up close is not too good [double vision of letters and text up close]

Hard to stand up straight

following the manual the dietitian gave me, and I am taking the Vitamins [chewables from Centrum]

drinking the flavored Water

drinking the high Protein, below 5 carb Protein drinks

having sugar free popsicles

having some chicken broth here and there

I did not expect to get knocked out of my socks this hard. Also I think I miss the bad foods already even though I know they got me to where I am at to begin with.

As the headline says it was done on Monday [two days ago].

What gives??

For the vision, do you have an antinausea patch on? If so, that messed up my vision as well, apparantly one of the aide effects. My vision went back to normal once I took it off. I was really worried until I figured it out. Actually I had forgotten it was on.

For how your feeling, it is normal fir some, you had major surgery, your muscles were cut and everything. It will take some time to feel better. Some, like me recovered quicker than others. It will take some time

For the vision, do you have an antinausea patch on? If so, that messed up my vision as well, apparantly one of the aide effects. My vision went back to normal once I took it off. I was really worried until I figured it out. Actually I had forgotten it was on.

For how your feeling, it is normal fir some, you had major surgery, your muscles were cut and everything. It will take some time to feel better. Some, like me recovered quicker than others. It will take some time

Aha, you know, my vision did get better this morning and I happened to have taken that little patch off late last night. It is still not quite sharp, but I think you are right.

Can you share with me what you ate in Stage 2? Even though I have the manual, I would really like to hear from others and what they did.

I can tell you how I progressed, but honestly all doctors hhabe different post op plans, so you need to follow what your doc or NUT told you for what you should eat.

My post op diet was:

Week one: Clear Liquids, though I was told at day 5 if I was doing well, I could progress to week 2 foods

Week 2: full liquids

Week 3: mushie/ puree

Week 4: chopped foods

Week 5: regular foods

I can tell you how I progressed, but honestly all doctors hhabe different post op plans, so you need to follow what your doc or NUT told you for what you should eat.

My post op diet was:

Week one: clear liquids, though I was told at day 5 if I was doing well, I could progress to week 2 foods

Week 2: full liquids

Week 3: mushie/ puree

Week 4: chopped foods

Week 5: regular foods

Yes, that is quite different. Thank you for sharing though, because being new to this, I can see how I do need support. The surgeon's center is known for great support, but I can barely pick up the phone and make calls still, so I need to just be online and find things that make sense to me as I begin this journey.

Here is how my surgeon's office put it out for me:

Day 1: liquid

Day 2-4: Protein shakes and liquids

Day 5-12: Mushed foods (ex.: soft tuna and cottage cheese)

Day 13: I can start with solids in tiny portions (excluding all sugar, soft carbs, no raw food, no fat unless it is from Protein, etc.)

They also call them stages 1-4.