Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Muscle Milk Light (choc)

Okay so I bought a few Protein shakes so I cam prepare for my pre-op diet and post op diet. I bought Muscle Milk Light (choc-30 grams of Protein 200 calories for entire shake)-took a few sips and it has a nasty after taste. Could I drink it? Yes. But I wouldn't look forward to it. I realize if I blend it with ice and a banana it would taste better-but also has more calories. Has anyone tried adding Splenda to their shakes?

I also bought the Atkins shakes-only 15 grams of protein-but the price was good..

Bought GNC's Totally Lean Swiss Choc. -haven't tried it yet.

Order Unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury (hate that same for some reason)

I am wondering if all the shakes are going to be nasty tasting.

the muscle milk light taste doesn't bother me. i have them in the 100 calorie package, so i can just toss one in my bag and keep it with me in case of emergency. it kills my hunger pretty fast. i think the Glucerna shakes taste better than muscle milk, but they have more calories for the same amount of ounces, and they don't curb my huger as well. i have been having at least one glucerna every day though (i just started mushies, so i will try to cut back and only drink them when i need them). to me, the glucerna was almost like a treat at the end of a Protein Shake day. some people hate them though, but you have to find something that you like.

Bariactric Advantage online....I have had their strawberry, banana and Chocolate....all are good to me...but just ordered a big bag (35 servings) of banana..it was the best to me. I tried the Muscle Milk - banana creme and thought is was fair.

I use the MM Light in vanilla creme in the 100 cal RTD cartons. Get them as cold as you can.. that helps. I think the chocolate tastes weird.

If you want to add something to it, try DaVinci or Torani sugar-free syrups. They come in many amazing flavors and you'll find tons of use for them. I put the s/f chocolate Syrup in my coffee every morning. :) You can find them in the coffee aisle at Walmart, and some grocery stores carry them. If you have a Drug Emporium near you, they also carry the DaVinci. Also Amazon.com (discounts on 3 packs of Torani) and netrition.com (only sells DaVinci, but has flat rate shipping...yippee!!)

A very good Protein drink in fruit flavors is Syntrax Nectars. They do not come in the RTD (ready to drink) but in 2lb cannisters. But, Syntrax will sell small samples for 1.00/flavor to new customers. Go to www.si03.com and find their email or their 800 number and call and ask about samples of the nectar. Be sure to specify because they have lots of Protein and not all are for weight loss.

The nectar is 90 to 100 calories per scoop ( about 1/2 cup of powder), 23 grams protein and 0 carbs. You can find protein mixes with more protein per serving, but I was taught that our bodies can't handle more than 20 to 25 grams of protein per serving. If you consume more on a routine basis, you will be putting strain on your kidneys. If your surgeon advises you otherwise though.. listen to them and not to me. :)

Another acceptable (but not great) tasting RTD is EAS carbvantage. Again, I'd recommend the vanilla over the chocolate. I find that most chocolates in protein just taste funky. Maybe I'm just too picky. :D

Go on ebay and type in MUSCLE MILK. MUSCLE MILK LIGHT will also come up. That's what you want The Lady that I deal with usually has strawberry Milkshake on for $5.99 a jug ( that's cheap, and,,, it's good stuff) Just look for the price, and you will find her, also, sometimes she has other flavors like chocolate Peanut Butter blend. She also combines shipping, so you can't go wrong.

While your on the site,, look around, and see the different flavors, and prices. Sometimes you get lucky and someone is selling something at a reasonable price. My advice is if you see it buy it because you may not get that chance again. (DON"T BUY THERE chocolate, IT'S LOUSEY).

There chocolate milk is excellent.

Have fun shopping, Shirley.

I wonder if the Herbalife Protein shakes are high enough in Protein? ? I used to drink those and all the flavors were really good. My favorite was the Cookies and cream mix. You can also add sugar free Jello pudding mix to Protein Shakes and that really makes them taste better. Try adding SF cheesecake pudding mix to vanilla shakes and it tastes very much like cheesecake. Hope this helps!

BTW, I blended the shake mix with Light Soy milk, ice and the SF pudding mix in one of those little ninja blenders.

Marie

Thanks for all the suggestions! I think I need to throw out the Muscle Milk Light Chocolate-it is just too nasty.

I wonder if I can put the unflavored Unjury into SF pudding?

Thanks for all the suggestions! I think I need to throw out the Muscle Milk Light Chocolate-it is just too nasty.

I wonder if I can put the unflavored unjury into SF pudding?

I don't know about the Unjury, ,, but with the MUSCLE MILK LIGHT you use 40z. Water instead of 8. Put it in a desert dish covered, and freeze. You then have pudding, and the same amount of Protein.

I think you can add the unjury unflavored to almost anything....

I had some strawberry instant Breakfast that I love but not enough Protein, so i added the unflavored Unjury to it and it worked....couldn't taste the Protein but liked my strawberry "milk"!!!

Next time I will try other people's idea of adding SF pudding to my shakes as well.

If you try it, let me know!

kristi

I wonder if I can put the unflavored Unjury into SF pudding?