Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Drinks

So I have decided I am going to start throwing in a shake here and there to get used to the idea of using it as a Meal Replacement. Has anyone ever tried Unjury? I have seen only good reviews and was wondering if anyone else has tried this brand and what were their results? rolleyes.gif

I've tried the unjury and like both the chocolate and vanilla. I also tried the unflavored but haven't gotten that one figured out yet how to make it un-tasteable.....I mixed it per suggestions in crystal light but all it does it give my drink a weird (and not in a good way!) taste...I did NOT like it!!! I have added it to my Carnation Instant Breakfast just to up the Protein, but still trying to find the "Magic" recipe for the unflavored!!!

I bought the sample pack from Unjury that included chicken Soup flavor but haven't tried that yet. It came with strawberry that says to mix with Water, but again, not brave enough to try that one either!! I love strawberry shakes and am hoping that the strawberry flavor will taste like a shake.

I also like the Ideal chocolate Milk Diet, both the chocolate and vanilla versions. Tastes rich and creamy. Started out with a sample pack of that also and just ordered a container of each.

I also bought a sample package of the nectar brand...some of the flavors are tasty, but some, not so much!! The sample pack has maybe 8-10 different flavors but you can't pick and choose, you're stuck with what they send, so I have 2 flavors that will go in the trash, Peach and Cappucino, since I hate both of those. nectar brand is mix with Water, but for the vanilla I mixed it with almond milk and it was almost like drinking vanilla pudding....very rich and tasted good.

I think part of my problem with Nectar brand is I really don't care for flavored kool-aid type drinks, so that makes the product lose some of its appeal to me personally....I'd rather drink tea or plain water....but I also know that many people like the flavors.

I will be ordering more of the Unjury, this time the containers of chocolate, vanilla, and unflavored (for now will keep adding this one to my carnation instant Breakfast until I can figure out how best to make it!).

Let me know what you decide on, and if you find any recipes you like. Look also under the food section here on LBT and someone has posted over 200 shake recipes! I've already printed them out and will try them soon!

Good luck!!

kristi

So I have decided I am going to start throwing in a shake here and there to get used to the idea of using it as a Meal Replacement. Has anyone ever tried Unjury? I have seen only good reviews and was wondering if anyone else has tried this brand and what were their results? rolleyes.gif

I liked the unjury ok.

I prefer the Nectars, but I mix them with either Crystal lite or coffee or whatever seems to fit the flavor.

sugar free Torani or DaVinci syrups help these drinks alot too.

Melissannde...

Do you have any flavor combinations you would recommend using the nectar flavors?? I don't drink coffee, but if I did, I would try adding the capuccino to that one. I wonder how it would taste in hot chocolate???

I saw a few of the Torani SF syrups today at the grocery store but wasn't sure which flavors to buy, so I left them there, knowing I can always go back! Do you use the syrups in the nectar drinks or the unjury or both??

I am so worried to buy something and then not like it (or try a flavor combo for the first time) that I am in a rut of chocolate and vanilla flavors only and ready for some different ideas!!

Thanks!

I liked the Unjury ok.

I prefer the Nectars, but I mix them with either Crystal lite or coffee or whatever seems to fit the flavor.

sugar free Torani or DaVinci Syrups help these drinks alot too.

Melissannde...

Do you have any flavor combinations you would recommend using the nectar flavors?? I don't drink coffee, but if I did, I would try adding the capuccino to that one. I wonder how it would taste in hot chocolate???

I saw a few of the Torani SF syrups today at the grocery store but wasn't sure which flavors to buy, so I left them there, knowing I can always go back! Do you use the syrups in the nectar drinks or the unjury or both??

I am so worried to buy something and then not like it (or try a flavor combo for the first time) that I am in a rut of chocolate and vanilla flavors only and ready for some different ideas!!

Thanks!

Right now, all I have is the Roadside Lemonade and the Pink Grapefruit flavors and I've been mixing them with either Crystal lite.. Lemonade or Grapefruit or even Orange flavors.. I gave my DH a taste of the Pink Grapefruit mixed with Orange Crystal Lite and some ice cubes and he even thought it was good. He drank half of my drink.. LOL (which is OK, I only do half a drink a day anyhow.. I would've just refrigerated it for Monday after workout if he hadn't drank it).

I also like mixing the Nectar with Powerade Zero. All of them (Lemon/Lime, Orange, Grape, strawberry & Mixed Berry) seem to go with the Roadside Lemonade. I haven't mixed any of them with the Pink Grapefruit yet. When I had some Fuzzy Navel, it was good in the Orange Powerade Zero. The Mixed berry (blue) does LOOK weird when mixed with Nectar.. so if you're a visual person when it comes to food, you might not want to try that one. :)

I don't care for the Nectars mixed with just Water. Oh.. and I mix a scoop with 16oz of liquid, not 8 and use 4 ice cubes, and blend the heck out of it. :D I went to 16 oz because I was every now and then getting some digestive upset (diarrhea) from the Protein dose being too strong and a nurse suggested upping the Fluid and that has helped.

I haven't actually used the Torani or DaVinci in the Nectar, but plan to soon. I have some s/f raspberry DaVinci that should make a really good Raspberry Lemonade drink. :) I have used the s/f syrups in the Ready to Drink EAScarbvantage and it really helped.

hot chocolate might work.. but sometimes whey Protein will clump if you get it too hot. Heat it very slowly if you do try that. Maybe use the s/f chocolate torani instead? Have fun.. it's like a chemistry experiment. :D