Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Death

A section of small intestine is then attached to the smaller stomach pouch.

Did you read that part in the story?? My surgery did not include that!! At least I hope not. Did yours??

NO I JUST SAW THE LINK ON ANOTHER SITE. I WILL READ ENTIRE STORY IN A FEW MINUTES. I DID SEE WHERE HE SAID HE WAS GONNA GET RNY BUT DECIDED ON SAFER LAPBAND PROCEDURE SO I FIGURED IT WAS ABOUT THE BAND AND POSTED IT.

OK I JUST READ. I THINK THE REPORTER JUST DIDNT KNOW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT. LAPBAND DOES NOT REQUIRE REROUTING OF ANYTHING. SOUNDS LIKE THE ANESTHESIOLOGIST SHOULD HAVE GIVEN MORE 'SLEEPY MEDS'?

HOW SAD. HE HAD A WIFE AND 3 KIDS.

I know my surgery didn't entail that either. It almost sounds like the doctor was doing something new?? or that the doctor wasn't very experienced?? That is really scary. Sounds like he was doing a combination of the lap band and bypass?? I am really confused cause this doesn't sound anything like my surgery..........

i am pretty sure the reporter didnt do a thorough job investigating or he would know the differences. so i guess this patient either had vertical gastric banding or lapband

This story is sad and unfortunate but I think it's important to say that this man's death had nothing to do with the Lap-Band. From what I read it was the Doc's fault for not monitoring his patient and making sure he was asleep. This could have just as easily happened to someone getting any other surgery. I hope this doesn't shine a negative lite on the Lap Band....

I'll get off my soap box now.....

AL

I am quite new at this, I have not even set up an appointment. I HAVE been looking though and I am hoping to contact anyone who as seen Dr. Deol in Troy.

That article scared me, but I have not heard or seen anything else for the year that I have been doing research.

I still have so many questions that it is so overwhelming I can not take "The first step" has anyone else felt this way?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Baileymb

P.S.

What are the numbers below the names on here?

bailey~

i posted the article before i read it. (dumb) the guy died from ANESTHESIA not the band. he could have been having anything done it just happened to be the band.

i personnally didnt- well i guess i did take my time researching WLS i looked in gastric bypass first NOW THAT SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME!!! i never did take the first step with that!

i stumbled onto the lapband info and started researching it knowing that is was a better fit!

the first step is usually a seminar! so its pretty easy and informative! GO ON CALL AND SEE WHEN THE NEXT ONE IS!!! then the next step is to have a consult. after the seminar you will probaly have a better idea of if this is something YOU want to do!

as for questions you are in the right spot! ask away! i personnally would start a new thread though because people might think you posted a comment on the band death and not newbie questions!

the numbers below the names are stats...

the first number is starting weight/ 2nd number current wieght/3rd number goal