Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just got my lapband may10th 2011 need some advice??

Hello to all I just had surgery yest. && ima little nervous about messing up my band.had a long drive home and I'm hoping that driving in the car wouldn't do anything.having a lot of gas burping and bubbling in my tummy.is it normal for that to happen?any advice would be greatly appreciated..and for the clear liquid diet do you mix your Protein with water.?please help

Hello to all I just had surgery yest. && ima little nervous about messing up my band.had a long drive home and I'm hoping that driving in the car wouldn't do anything.having a lot of gas burping and bubbling in my tummy.is it normal for that to happen?any advice would be greatly appreciated..and for the clear liquid diet do you mix your Protein with Water.?please help

Rosalina,

First of all the worst part is right now the after surgery! :( I promise it gets better!! Driving in the car shouldn't do anything to your band at all. That's a normal position for you to be in. My port actually flipped 160 around on me and I didn't do anything out of the normal sometimes things just happen! You are going to be burping & gassy for a week are so.. make sure you walk A LOT as much as you can tolerate without discomfort. I use those Gas X strips too after I would eat. I personally never liked the protein's so I would get the choclolate kind and mix it with skim milk and a banana blend it all together. Starbucks has a Protein shake that is to die for too, just watch the sugars I am not sure how much is in that. I do remember eatting a lot of Soups in the liquid stage, pudding and Jello, are good too. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask :)

I didn't have to do Clear liquids... just liquids. My protien shakes were skim milk with carnation instant Breakfast.

Oh, your stomache is going to make all sorts of noise. You'll think something is alive in there.:lol:

Thanks sooo much!! I hve heard many noises it feels as if something is alive lol.. how do we keep it clean I was told to remove the bandages. Just not get them wet how did you guys go about the whole shower thing trying to avoid infection at all costs. :-)

Hi Rosalinam

I am 10 days behind you...

Someone in here suggested Isopure you can get at GNC is clear alot of protien and mixes well with Water...

and tastes good.

Tell me how your recouvery goes......how are your incisions healing and do they hurt much>?

Mike4140

Hello to all I just had surgery yest. && ima little nervous about messing up my band.had a long drive home and I'm hoping that driving in the car wouldn't do anything.having a lot of gas burping and bubbling in my tummy.is it normal for that to happen?any advice would be greatly appreciated..and for the clear liquid diet do you mix your Protein with water.?please help

Hi Rosalinam, I'm 8months post op and the creature down below still continues to talk to me, lol. My doctor informed me that I could begin showering the very next day, that was interesting to hear. I did remove the bandage the very next day after surgery and showered. I did notice that my incision was closed and healing very well. After one week post op I was asked to return to the doc's so they could see how my incision was healing and all was very good. If you have any other questions I am here for you sistah!!

In His service and yours,

Dawith (David) :)

Thanks sooo much!! I hve heard many noises it feels as if something is alive lol.. how do we keep it clean I was told to remove the bandages. Just not get them wet how did you guys go about the whole shower thing trying to avoid infection at all costs. :-)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just picked my surgeon yesterday so now I am waiting for a surgery date. Please keep us updated on every thing! I was told about the gas & walking. How are you feeling? How did you sleep last night? Does it hurt to walk or sit?