Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Once your lapband is full

The last time I was at the doctors, she was telling me that I am getting close to the full band. She didn't really elaborate at that point and I started to wonder about what happens after that point? I mean if I am not at my weight loss goal yet am I just SOL? I know that there is fat around your stomach when they put the band on and eventually you should just have the band on your stomach no fat. Is this what I am waiting for? So far I have done amazing I am down 173 in a year on 5/14 which is amazing. I am so proud but I am getting a little scared.

173 lbs lost in a year? That is absolutely incredible!!!!!!! Good for you! What size band do you have and how many cc's are in it? I don't know anyone who's band is more than 75% full.I only have 5.6cc in a 10cc band and my restriction is right where I want it.

173 lbs lost in a year? That is absolutely incredible!!!!!!! Good for you! What size band do you have and how many cc's are in it? I don't know anyone who's band is more than 75% full.I only have 5.6cc in a 10cc band and my restriction is right where I want it.

Thank you Cindy! I am so proud as well. I have to say it's a lot of will power and exersize that is keeping me losing the weight. I need to find out the band size and how many cc's are in it. I have my monthy appointment tomorrow. I have a list of questions now! The past few months I have gotten .25cc filled that gives me just enough restriction that I am eating what I should be. Then about 4-5 weeks later I notice I am hungry more often the size of my portions are getting bigger etc... I am very strict when it comes to my portions I have measuring cups! But it works!! lol

Do you have a lap band patient id card? If so, all of your information is on the back. If not I recommend everyone get one. If you have an emergency, the ems or er will know better how to handle it. Plus, most restaurants will let you order from the kids menu when you show them the card!

https://www.lapband.com/en/mylapband/my_profile/idcard/

Do you have a lap band patient id card? If so, all of your information is on the back. If not I recommend everyone get one. If you have an emergency, the ems or er will know better how to handle it. Plus, most restaurants will let you order from the kids menu when you show them the card!

https://www.lapband....profile/idcard/

Ok, I couldn't wait any longer I called the doctor's office and this is what I found out. I got an AP-L (Large 18) band. The total it can be filled is 14ml. I am currently @ 9.25cc which makes me feel 100% better. When I need a fill it's only .25cc at a time which means if I am doing my math correctly that means I would have 23 more fills @ .25cc before I'd max out. I have been averaging about 10-15lbs a month loss. I only have 73lbs to go before I reach my goal depending if I like where I am at that point. 7 more months or 7 fills if I need them max to get to my weight goal. Wow that's a lot of word vomiting for today! This whole learning process makes me understand more and I should have been more aware of what band I was getting etc. It also is making me think I don't like this new doctor! Yes I am getting close but not for a long time!

You're doing great. I doubt that you'll get anywhere 14cc before you hit your sweet spot. Keep up the good work!

Hi there :) I currently have a 9cc LapBand, and have 12.25 ccs in. I think it depends on the doctor, but I did not have any restriction until 12 ccs. My doc tells me that there is not an issue with overfilling the band, as they are tested upto like 100 ccs, to ensure they will not pop. Now.... no one should have that much, but a slight over fill in the band will not do any damage to the physical band, or you, unless you are too tight. Hope that helps :)

Nicole

https://www.lapband.com/en/mylapband/my_profile/idcard/

I love the I.D. card and use it often when eating out. Everyone has been very nice/helpful about it. Gail

I didn't know they could over fill your band. My band is a realize 11cc's and I'm at 5cc's now I still have no restriction. I go in for my second fill tomorrow and I hope this one works for me.

Hi....I have the same band/ size. Had second fill Monday and up to 7ccs. I def have more restriction now. I go back to Dr. in 8 weeks. They like me to lose 8 pds each time which I have done & then some. Love my band. :) Gail

Wow! Can't believe that you all don't get restriction with the band filled to over 9 cc. Mine is currently at 4 1/2 cc up from 2 1/2, I am so tight from fill yesterday, hoping that it loosens after swelling. I can feel the liquid sitting there just waiting to go down. I am not really happy right now, but hoping for relief once the swelling is gone! Goodluck for restriction I certainly have it now! Karen