Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I tallied my losses over the last year +

I haven't kept a diary or journal of my weight loss as I go. Every time we update our signature, it updates in all our old posts too, so we can't keep track by that. I decided today to scour through old posts of mine to see if I could gather a time line of my weight loss.

I was able to gather a pretty good list, so for those of you who want a look at my individual weight loss for the first year banded; here goes.

Pre op Highest weight 280

09/21/04 Banded weight 268 -12 lbs

10/20/04 1 month post op 253 -27 lbs

11/09/04 6 weeks post op 248 -32 lbs

12/02/04 10 weeks post op 244 -36 lbs

01/03/05 14 weeks post op 237 -43 lbs

02/20/05 5 months post op 227 -53 lbs

03/14/05 6 months post op 220 -60 lbs

04/20/05 7 months post op 212 -68 lbs

05/05 8 months post op 209 -71 lbs

07/05 10 months post op 200 -80 lbs

10/05 13 months post op 192 -88 lbs

11/05 14 months post op 190 -90 lbs

12/05 15 months post op 188 -92 lbs

01/18/06 16 months post op 187 -93 lbs

01/20/06 -94 lbs

I measured all over just after surgery, but have not remeasured yet, I may do that soon, I can't decide if I want to know now, or if I want to get to goal first...

Thanks for that!

You are doing great! This is very encouraging to see.

I started at 268 and now am 16 wks out and 221 so thats a 47 pound loss.

How did you handle those months mentally that your lose was slower?

How often do you/ did you go on the scale? Did it alter your attitude on the days that you weren't pleased with the results?

How did you help yourself on those low days to stay positive?

Thanks for all the encouragement! For the first few months I think I weighed myself many times a day, then I slowed to daily, now I hit it every few days. Handling it on the slower/no loss months is ok for now, because I'm at my lowest weight in so many years that I'm just enjoying being here for a while. But in the early months, I thought for sure I would be the one the band didn't work for.

I know that my weight loss is in direct proportion to my eating habits. I've been on and off the careful eating wagon many times in my life. Since banding the menu has changed because of restriction, my eating habits... not so much.

Since banding, while on the wagon, I lose, when off, I maintain. The band is my saving grace, it keeps me from eating too much, and prevents intake of many otherwise fattening foods. My losses are slow, but at least the scale, no matter how slow, is going in the right direction finally!

YOU ROCK!!! As far as measurements, it is pretty great to see the difference. There is a site called mybodycomp.com that is free and will let you create an account and track all measurments. It wants ALL measurements......so have cloth tape ready. ( ex...ankle, calf, knee, thigh, hip, abdomen, waist, wrist, bicep, neck, etc....) It has really helped me stay focused on my body changing and not just the scale.< /p>

I'm going to check that out site out today. I have weeks where I don't lose a pound, and may even go up a couple, but my friends will swear I look like I've lost even more. I'd like to be able to look at measurements during those times to see if it's real or they're imagining things.

I seem at this point to be stuck at my current weight with only the same start and stop weight fluctuation points. I am giving serious consideration to getting a fill for the first time in 17 months. Since I'll probably have to go to Tijuana to get it, it's going to take considerable cash and planning on my part.

Now I'll need a passport that I didn't have to have in 2004. I'll have to con someone into going with me... another passport... another plane ticket... I think this is going to get pretty expensive! Didn't someone post about a Texas doc that would do mexican band fills?

Pam, that was a year and a half ago. Don't you think there might be some doctors in central IL that will give you a fill? Heck, for that matter, come to Dallas and see my wife's doctor. I know for a fact that he'll do it. Contact Dr. Jayaseelan through his website www.texaslapbandcenter.com .

Yeah, the goal is to change your eating habits of course, but the band does save you from those times you revert.

I ate really really badly yesterday. I picked all day. I'd had my daughter rushed off to hospital in an ambulance on Wednesday (she had croup), and she spent ours in resusc. and was admitted for the night. I got no Breakfast, no lunch and NO dinner on Wednesday - public hospitals suck big time. What's the point of private health insurance (in Australia) when you cant get your kids in to a private hospital due to lack of paed. wards? Anyway I digress.

Got home midday yesterday after no Breakfast and proceeded to graze my way through toast, crumpets and Cookies, the only things in the house. It felt the same as any old pig out but when I tallied it I ate nowhere near what I would have previously AND although I made roast chicken for dinner, I couldnt eat due to being full. End result, got on the scales this morning and have still lost.

You've done brilliantly over the course of a year, just brilliantly.

nope I've been looking since pre banding, no one in IL will touch it. I have the french midband, not the inamed lapband, so finding any US aftercare will be a miracle. I knew that before I chose the midband, and I'm ok with that so far. I'm just always hopeful some thing will change and I'll get lucky to find a US doc who'll decide to take on other bands. I'm ok with the weight I'm at so far, but I'm not at goal yet, I still have at least 45 lbs to go. My eating habits are much better than they were prebanding, but I'm far from a perfect bandster. I think I'll always be a work in progress... at least I'm in the right direction I guess...

Jachut I hope your daughter is better!