Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well my surgery day is this thrusday (May 12th), first of all I want to thank you all for helping me through this journey. I had my pre opt testing yesterday and ...... all clear. To tell you the truth it started to freak me out when they asked me if I have an advance directive, it was so weird being on the other end of that question ( I am a LPN) . I felt such panic like seriously when my response was no. In case you all don't know no one knows about me doing this except for you guys...literally. I feel that this is a private journey and would like it to remain that way. So in essence this is the ultimate scheme. I basically am having my surgery on thrusday So that I can have the whole weekend off and return to work next wednesday, though I go to school on monday and clinical on tuesday. But more important I told my job that my mom was having surgery and I needed to take thrusday thru sun off :P and I told my parents that my school is demanding that we go to clinicals also on thrusday and friday this week so I would be sleeping B) over at my friends house just cause it's like an hour drive. Everything seems to be going ok right now, no one even gave me a second thought which was nice.:) When doing my pre-opt test I decided that I wanted to voluterally stay over at the hospital just because.....I know I will be scared shit :( . I preferably would like to stay...so we will see

Also I would like to note that I lost exactly 20lbs on my pre-opt diet it was not easy as you all know....slipps were made but ultimately I feel better about myself and hey we are all not perfect the band doesn't automatically mean you are perfect...we will all make mistakes on this journey.

Good Luck to you, ( are you sure you don't want to tell your Mom.) Keep us posted!

Good Luck to you, ( are you sure you don't want to tell your Mom.) Keep us posted!

yeah I am very sure but thankx anyways

I only told my husband....because he would wonder why i'm off work for a week, walking like an old lady and sleeping on the couch moaning if i didn't....and one good friend of mine. nobody else knows. you have to do what is right for you. i don't know how long i'll be able to keep it a secret, but when i'm ready, i will share.

good luck to you in your journey!

Good luck!!

I know the feeling of not wanting to tell anyone. I've told my mother and my husband, and that's it. Nobody else, and I don't plan to.

Why are you choosing not to let anyone in on your scheme? :) I know what my reasons are, what are yours?

I wish you the best on your surgery and pray for great success with no complications. I too was not thrilled about telling my family, but I felt someone had to know "just in case". I told my mom and sister and that's it from my familly. I got more support from friends!!!! I do understand you not wanting to share, can you give them an emergency contact number, only to be used in case of emergency, only? Just wondering. Best wishes hun!

I am not very far in my journey to Lap-Band, but I told my husband, mother, and 2 best friends. That is where it will stop for me. I know with my 4 closest confidants knowing, I will have someone to talk to and get support from when I need it. I certainly understand you wanting to keep this private.

Can I just hijack for a second and ask something? Am I the only one who doesn't want to tell people about being banded, not only for privacy's sake, but also because I want to be able to claim a bit of credit for the weight loss.

I've tried and failed to lose weight so many times that I don't think people take me seriously anymore, which hurts my heart a little. I'm really afraid that if I tell people that I got LapBand, any weight I lose "won't count" and they'll just roll their eyes and say, "Yeah, she's doing great...because she got surgery! She's not actually doing anything!"

It sounds selfish and narcissistic I guess, but I really want to be able to be proud of my weight loss without that nagging worry that everyone's judging me for not being able to do it on my own.

Am I alone here?

Can I just hijack for a second and ask something? Am I the only one who doesn't want to tell people about being banded, not only for privacy's sake, but also because I want to be able to claim a bit of credit for the weight loss.

I've tried and failed to lose weight so many times that I don't think people take me seriously anymore, which hurts my heart a little. I'm really afraid that if I tell people that I got LapBand, any weight I lose "won't count" and they'll just roll their eyes and say, "Yeah, she's doing great...because she got surgery! She's not actually doing anything!"

It sounds selfish and narcissistic I guess, but I really want to be able to be proud of my weight loss without that nagging worry that everyone's judging me for not being able to do it on my own.

Am I alone here?

you took the words right out of my mouth.......

Hey everyone!

Good luck to you. Keep us posted.

I dont want people to know because i dont want people to judge. I have a friend who did the gastric bypass about 6 years ago.

She just started gaining some weight and everybody it making mean remarks. People analyze more and criticize more when they know you have something done.

Good luck!!

I know the feeling of not wanting to tell anyone. I've told my mother and my husband, and that's it. Nobody else, and I don't plan to.

Why are you choosing not to let anyone in on your scheme? :) I know what my reasons are, what are yours?

the fact is, is that I will never be able to claim my weight loss some people may be ok with advertising but I AM NOT this is such a struggle for me people don't even understand and I can't stand any of the back talk

the fact is, is that I will never be able to claim my weight loss some people may be ok with advertising but I AM NOT this is such a struggle for me people don't even understand and I can't stand any of the back talk

Oh, I understand. I'm a pastry chef. You know how bad it sucks to have people looking at your career and lifestyle and saying, "Well no WONDER she's fat!" But the stuff I make is for other people and clients. I haven't made myself fat from my own baking--in fact, I barely have a sweet tooth anymore because I'm always wrist-deep in dough and batter and chocolate. You DO get sick of it after a while. It's binging on fast food and pizza and convenience foods that have done the damage. But nobody believes that, and I've had friends acctually tell me that I have no hope of ever being thin if I don't change my career. ::sigh::

So no, I have NO intention of making my lapband procedure public knowledge. Not gonna happen.

Am I alone here?

No, I can understand that. There are times I wish nobody knew. I just think it is a lot to go through on your own but certainly not impossible. Besides, you guys always have us! Good luck to you both!

Well, bottom line, you have to do what's best for you. :D That's really all that matters!

Oh, I understand. I'm a pastry chef. You know how bad it sucks to have people looking at your career and lifestyle and saying, "Well no WONDER she's fat!" But the stuff I make is for other people and clients. I haven't made myself fat from my own baking--in fact, I barely have a sweet tooth anymore because I'm always wrist-deep in dough and batter and chocolate. You DO get sick of it after a while. It's binging on fast food and pizza and convenience foods that have done the damage. But nobody believes that, and I've had friends acctually tell me that I have no hope of ever being thin if I don't change my career. ::sigh::

So no, I have NO intention of making my lapband procedure public knowledge. Not gonna happen.

I completly understand because I am a nurse and do you know how difficult it is to tell patients they need to eat healthy and excercise when at my highest I weighed 408lbs :( I feel completly ridiculous...like who am I kidding