Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

fill update !

hey folks, just to let all the north carolina girls know i haven't forgot you all and to let you know i think i have an appointment with dr.ortiz/dr,martinez. after alot of calls to the office i got to speak with dr.ortiz himself and he said he was going to look after me , he won'ts me to email him some info on my band and i did and he said he would get back to me personally !!. so i booked an appointment on the 25th feb and :clap2: i am a little nervous about going to mexico but as far as exspence theres really no difference from getting it done locally !!.and i am actually looking forward to having a night in a hotel with my husband without the kids :) . so really just waiting now to here from dr.ortiz via email and i will be set, i can't wait to be make that cute little scale at the end of my post to show you all what i have lost , trying just a low carb hi Protein for now and its going alright no really losing but not gaining thats the main thing.. the air-force base we are at is called pope and they told us that its closing so we will moving in the next year or two so i think going to mexico is good rather than finding a local doctor as i would have to leave again anyway, we might be going to moody air-force base in georgia and i would still go to mexico from there.anyway i hope everyone is doing good and being big losers and i will keep you updated if i here from dr.ortiz , you all are like my little family now and feel like i really have people who understand and care thanks guys sherry x

Oh moving around with the band has got to suck. Yeah it sounds like if you really want to use the same doc everytime your best bet might be Mexico...and who knows maybe you can make it a romanic weekend trip. Good luck, and so sorry to hear about your base closing and having to move again.

Melissa

Good for you, sherry! I have been following you on the other threads as you discovered MX docs. so glad you can get a fill now! Don't worry about MX. You'll be fine, you are doing all the right things and Ortiz will take GREAT care of you. I haven't seen anything alarming, I have seen no poor advice given you, or I'd tell you!

Your new restriction will make a big difference in your ability to eat less and follow that low carb/high protien diet. The biggest problem I have is keeping it low fat. "Food Lube" is so important, but it brings in lots of fats, and carbs! so be careful there. Count that Ranch dressing and BBQ sauce! Put that band to work. You really are in good hands with Ortiz.

Congrats!!

i seem to living on the computer lately but hey its keeping from the fridge !! i have a new Protein Shake now for my Breakfast called carb solutions (pretty good) i am not good in the mornings . i love savory things so to go to a sweet drink is hard but i am trying. thanks for your replys i get so worryed that i am doing my husbands head in with all the lapband talk, he has a real rock and he really is my hero, being military familiy we have alot of things to handle him being deployed alot, but i have to focus on me this year ,its easy to just rap yourself in the house and kids and plod along but this is my year to show my hubby the sexy girl under all the padding ha ha

Glad things are moving forward for you.

I love carb solutions, I use the cans when I am in a rush.

I also get the big jugs of whey Sport Pharma from costco it only has 1 carb 20Gms protien That is my breakfast everyday just about.

Congratulations! I'm glad you were able to get things worked out!

Sherry that is great...I too have been following your other thread. I am so glad you are going to be able to get your fill. You are so right with getting a local doctor and being on the move. MX is probably the right place for you.

Just remeber no matter where you go please keep us posted and always chat with us. You are part of our family now!!!!

Goodness, your trip to Mexico sounds exciting! I'm glad that everything has gotten straightened out, and that you are getting your fill! I hope that night with your husband is great too!