Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pregnancy and the band

Hello everyone! It has been a while since I was here so i have heaps to read!

I would love to hear any of you ladies out there who has been through pregnancy with the band because I am indeed 8 weeks pregnant, very scared (miscarried in september at 7 weeks) and having tremendous morning sickness ( I dont know why its called that, evenings are worst, but anyway I was wondering if there is any written material regarding what happens and why. My band is actually not tight enough that I cant eat a normal size meal, but tight enough that I must eat very slowly. I also have this feeling that it has stopped me from throwing up with the nausea, since the gurgling and indigestion all happen under the band, i dont get that yucky taste i did when I was pregnant with my daughter. I havent called my doctor with the news, and I want more info before I do, because he tends to not listen ( busy guy) and just do, and I fear he will want to empty my fill, and I dont want to unless there is any medical reason ( something like a half filled band will put too much pressure whenever or the port can flip when the stomach gets big and many other creepy things I spend my nights hallucinating with.

Sorry this is too long. If anyone has any info or knows where I can find written info into this, I will appreciate your help a lot.

cheers

Tellie

Hi Tellie,

I am also pregnant and banded. I am in my 16th week now. I found out about the pregnancy at 11 weeks and had some fill taken out of my band at that time. I cannot each much at one time, however I am hungry every few hours. I haven't had any band-related issues come up in the pregnancy yet, and I don't expect any of course, but only time will tell. If you have any questions or need support along the way feel free to PM me.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches