Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy Mother's day to all you lovely ladies out there!

I have a question regarding my weightloss. I am 10 days post op and have started on mushies. My day consist of the following: 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 cup of Soup, and 1 cup of tuna or 1 egg. I do not snack during the day. Only drink Water and at times a glass of diet snapple. I don't understand how I can not be moving the scale?? I am not eating nearly as much as I was prior to surgery!! Maybe I am not drinking enough Water?

Has anyone gone through this......

It looks like you've lost 8 pounds since your surgery. You're doing good. You didn't put the weight on overnight. It's not going to come off overnight either. When they blow your body up with gas to do the surgery, it causes a weight gain. That weight will come off as the gas dissipates from your body. That takes a while too. It sounds like you're doing everything right. Keep it up, the weight will come off. If it helps, in the beginning, I had months where I only lost 3 lbs. Then I would have a month where I lost 15 or more.

Thanks! I know I am doing well. I am just have a scale obsession and am on it every morning. I got on the last 3 days at the same weight and couldn't understand why it hasn't drop even a ounce :( But I am okay!! I know I have to kick up the Water intake and maybe a few more calories. I start walking this week so that should help also!!

I totally understand the scale obsession. I stepped on the darn thing every time I walked passed it! Still do!! LOL! But the only weight I pay attention is when I first get out of bed on Tuesdays! I've kept a spreadsheet on my computer and add my Tuesday morning weight every week. Been doing it for 3 years. I put in formulas that tell my BMI, lbs lost, % of weight loss....It has all my fills, appts and all my other medical info. Its pretty cool. I can go back and know absolutely everything. It helps when someone asks for my advise in their own journey. I can pull it up and tell them exactly what my experience was.

It is not abnormal to plateau when you go from liquids to mushies. You've lost a lot of weight in a short time and your body us adjusting. Also some bodies don't do well with such low calories. I stalled from week 2 (full liquids) to week 5 ( solids). I believe thus was due to my consuming under 1000 calories. Ive found I need to eat at least 1100 to lose weight

I've seenthe exact same thing. I lost a bunch right after surgery but didn't do liquid diet before surgery. The I stalled when I was eating 700 to 800 cal. Now that I'm eating 1000 to 1100 each day I'm back to loosing. Water is very important to losing too. Keep in mind too that if you are female you may not lose during that TOM.

It is very common to stall when you start on mushies...you may find that you need to increase your calories a bit (that is what worked for me). Just try increasing your calories by 100 at at time and see what level helps you start losing weight again. Also, you didn't say anything about exercising - if you aren't doing it then try walking a few times a week for 30 minutes or if you are exercising you definately need more calories.

I can relate to the addiction to the scale...5 months after surgery I still weigh daily. I feel like it helps keep me accountable but I don't get obsessive about it. Even though I am losing steadily, I don't see a loss each day (and some days see a small gain). You need to learn how your body loses..for me, I tend to stay about the same most days and then I will have a day or two where I drop 1-2 lbs. Most people won't see a daily loss. If not seeing a daily loss is going to bother you then I would suggest that you stop weighing daily. This is a HUGE mental journey so you don't need to continue habits that are going to negatively affect your focus.

Yea, just healing because your body is kinda in shock, it all evens out after about 6 weeks.

Also remember 1-2lbs a WEEK is normal. I know all the liquid diet weight is exciting, but it doesn't continue like that.

Sounds like you are doing everything right though!

hi every one...

even I have this scale obsession !!:rolleyes: I get up in the morning and I am on the scale!! Praying oh God let there be no gain....but our body loves to store the fat...and is going to take time to let go....

so patience is the only thing for us bandsters!!!

c13104af23b9307.png