Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my first fill Monday, 6.5cc. I am supposed to be on full liquids a week. Well last night I lost control after doing great all day. (1 Protein Shake and a campbells Soup at hand) then I ruined it all by binging on jack in the box at 2am. I had a Breakfast jack, some bacon cheddar potato wedges and a taco. I thought I had some restriction after the fill, I guess that was just swelling cause all that food went down fine. But today in addition to the disgust I feel about myself I have slight pain in my left side. Any ideas about what that's about? Sorry everyone, this is my confession post, so thanks for hearing me out.

Sorry you are having a bad day. Have had a few of those too.

I'm filled at 7cc and still can eat whatever I want so it takes a lot of willpower still...... unti the fill is good.

My rib cage on lef t side usually hurts quite a bit after I've eaten too much since surgery.

Just get back on the wagon and everything will be fine!

Good luck

Wanna

You aren't looking for restriction, you are looking for hunger control. Give it a a little time, your hunger should die off, which will help cravings.

http://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html <~ read

The band will always be about will power. It won't stop you from eating. I still cheat, it's hard, it's the mental side of things.. we have to train ourselves to be satisfied with less, and healthier food. For me, I feel uncomfortable if I eat too much, that could be what happened.

A Jack in the Box taco is 194 calories... not so bad. though the bacon and cheddar potato wedges have 649 calories and 42 grams of fat! wink.gif for me it helps looking up this info before I go eat out, then I know it's bad and I won't crave it anymore.

I don't want to beat you up for falling off the wagon, but you have to know that you shouldn't eat those foods. You will not be successful unless you change your life style. Having a lap band is not about pushing the envelope to see how much you can eat before feeling full, its about being satisfied with much less food. Enough lecture, you know what to do JUST DO IT!!!

3 years out and I still get that port area pain if I over eat! It's normal!

I don't think you damaged yourself it that's your question. My doctor only requires 1 day full liquid and 1 day mushies after a fill. So your doctor must be super stricted.

One thing I will say is that I did not get restriction until 10.7 cc's in 11 cc band. So it could be a while before you get restriction.

As posted previously try to research in advance food choices so you can choose the best option. Also reading "Eat This Not That" can give you some ideas.

For example there are less calories and fat in a Dunkin Donut's egg and canadian bacon english muffin sandwich than there is in a low fat blueberry muffin.

HeatherinCA

Great article you shared.. Thanks!

Proof that the band cannot/will not/and does not stop you from eating. Will power is and will always be part of the equation.