Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

band is finally full now

I read a bunch of questions and answers, but never saw anyone post anything about once your band is finally full (by that mean the band hold about 10 cc's but I think myine is at 8 cc as of 03/23/11.) So now it is finally at a leveI where I would not want it anymore full or I would not eat enough to be healthy. My diet consists of a smoothie w/ whey Protein everyday so I get at least 56 grams of protein in that. 4 oz of chicken or fish twice daily. and that's about all I eat for the most part. sometimes it's hard keep some of those things down) with all that in mind...how long will it be until the liquid dissipates and I will need a fill again?

I dont think the saline dissapates that quickly over time and that is why I say go slow with fills because what do you do when you are completely full and have no more room for fills. Who knows if it dissapates over a long period. So when you have a full band and still are not at goal what can you do? Nothing. You are stuck with no more weight loss, hunger and no way to get a fill. just sayin

Your band should not empty. If it does, there is a leak. Mine always has in it what the surgeon put there. He removes all and then puts it back in. He verifies what is in there when he fills me. You are going very quickly to a full band. I only have 2.5 in my band right now. The most I have had is 5 in a 11 cc band. Be careful to not have a slippage problem..Good luck. Karen

The fill level should remain constant. It doesn't evaporate and unless you have a leak, it shouldn't disappear.