Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Process With Tricare Prime Ins.

Hello Everyone, I have Tri Care Prime. This is what my journey so far has been like. I had to go to my PCM to get a referral to see a surgeon , So I got my referral I called to make an Apt with the surgeon and I found out that I had to attend a Free seminar first before I could schedule an Apt with the surgeon. So I went to the free Seminar and while I was there the bariatric coordinator told me that she was going to get the process started for me and she told me what I needed to do from there on out so what I had to do was make 3 Apts with other Dr.’s that Tri Care requires you to go to which were 1. See a Bariatric Dr. he basically just asks you about your history and your health 2. I met with a nutritionist basically she just ask me what my eating habits are and told me a little bit about how its going to change with the Lap Band DUHHH no kidding its going to change right ?? LOL ….. Thinks that’s why we are all looking to get the surgery because we need a change in our lifestyle 3. Was a Phyc Apt. Just making sure your really ready for this lifestyle change and making sure that you will be able to handle it. Then after all 3 Apts you schedule your Apt with your surgeon. I met with him he did some paper work told me that I am boarder line where im supposed to be for tri care to approve me I’m 5’5 235.6 when I got weighed in at his office. Going by what everyone else says that Tri Care uses the Met- Life weight chart (med frame) which says you should weigh 127-141 for my height So that should put me at 200% over my ideal weight Im PRAYING that I get approved …. So I’m all done with my appointments with Dr’s but I still need to attend a class where they tell you all about how your lifestyle and eating habits will change after surgery I heard that this class is mandatory in getting approved for surgery . So I will be attending that class May 10th 2011 , after that my bariatric coordinator is going to submit all my paper work to tri care and hope I get approved….. If anyone else is around the same height and weight as me and got approved or has a similar story and didn’t get approved please let me know. I also have a bad back and joint pain along with anxiety I don’t know if that will really help my case much, Please reply and give me any input you may have and I hope I was helpful for any of you who are just getting started in the process . Oh also Since I was boarder line where I was supposed to be my bariatric coordinator told me that I should get a support letter from my PCM saying that I have tried other weight loss diets and didn’t have success and that I have a bad back and anxiety and he thinks that by me having the surgery it will help with weight loss and will help with my back pain…. My bariatric coordinator told me that having a support letter it will only look better for you getting approved … I also had to get an EKG and chest X-ray done before my PCM would write the letter he wanted to make sure I was healthy enough for surgery ! …. So that’s all so far hope I helped maybe you all can help me and let me know what ur process was like

Thanks

IGNOR THE LINKS I THINK THEY ARE SPAM THEY GOT ADDED WHEN I POSTED SORRY

Hello Everyone, I have Tri Care Prime. This is what my journey so far has been like. I had to go to my PCM to get a referral to see a surgeon , So I got my referral I called to make an Apt with the surgeon and I found out that I had to attend a Free seminar first before I could schedule an Apt with the surgeon. So I went to the free Seminar and while I was there the bariatric coordinator told me that she was going to get the process started for me and she told me what I needed to do from there on out so what I had to do was make 3 Apts with other Dr.'s that Tri Care requires you to go to which were 1. See a Bariatric Dr. he basically just asks you about your history and your health 2. I met with a nutritionist basically she just ask me what my eating habits are and told me a little bit about how its going to change with the Lap Band DUHHH no kidding its going to change right ?? LOL ….. Thinks that's why we are all looking to get the surgery because we need a change in our lifestyle 3. Was a Phyc Apt. Just making sure your really ready for this lifestyle change and making sure that you will be able to handle it. Then after all 3 Apts you schedule your Apt with your surgeon. I met with him he did some paper work told me that I am boarder line where im supposed to be for tri care to approve me I'm 5'5 235.6 when I got weighed in at his office. Going by what everyone else says that Tri Care uses the Met- Life weight chart (med frame) which says you should weigh 127-141 for my height So that should put me at 200% over my ideal weight Im PRAYING that I get approved …. So I'm all done with my appointments with Dr's but I still need to attend a class where they tell you all about how your lifestyle and eating habits will change after surgery I heard that this class is mandatory in getting approved for surgery . So I will be attending that class May 10th 2011 , after that my bariatric coordinator is going to submit all my paper work to tri care and hope I get approved….. If anyone else is around the same height and weight as me and got approved or has a similar story and didn't get approved please let me know. I also have a bad back and joint pain along with anxiety I don't know if that will really help my case much, Please reply and give me any input you may have and I hope I was helpful for any of you who are just getting started in the process . Oh also Since I was boarder line where I was supposed to be my bariatric coordinator told me that I should get a support letter from my PCM saying that I have tried other weight loss diets and didn't have success and that I have a bad back and anxiety and he thinks that by me having the surgery it will help with weight loss and will help with my back pain…. My bariatric coordinator told me that having a support letter it will only look better for you getting approved … I also had to get an EKG and chest X-ray done before my PCM would write the letter he wanted to make sure I was healthy enough for surgery ! …. So that's all so far hope I helped maybe you all can help me and let me know what ur process was like

Thanks

I have Tricare as well. Had my referral for the surgeon and attended the seminar a couple weeks ago. I just went for my labs, EKG and chest x-ray today and have my appt with my PCM next Wed to be cleared. I am also having my psych appt on Wed and then have the nutritionist appt shortly after that. I have hypertension along with being over 100 lbs overweight so I was told being approved shouldn't be a problem. I wish you luck!

Thanks ya i dont see you having any problems being approved... good luck

I have Tricare as well. Had my referral for the surgeon and attended the seminar a couple weeks ago. I just went for my labs, EKG and chest x-ray today and have my appt with my PCM next Wed to be cleared. I am also having my psych appt on Wed and then have the nutritionist appt shortly after that. I have hypertension along with being over 100 lbs overweight so I was told being approved shouldn't be a problem. I wish you luck!