Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is my Day 1 of pre-op liquids

Hello! I just signed up for this site today thinking I may need some support while getting thru this liquid phase. My surgery is next Tuesday, May 10th and today is my first day of pre-op liquid only diet (800 cal/day). Since it's only 10:30 am I feel fine right now. :-) I started this process back in November and have lost 17 lbs so far. I am both nervous & excited about the surgery. Ok, that's my intro...thanks for reading!

Hi Lizzie,

You are going to be just fine on the liquid diet. just be glad it's only for 1 week. mine was for 2 weeks. today is my last day of it as the surgery is tomorrow morning, then i'm on Clear liquids for another 10 days. The pre-op diet was a scary bear when I first realized I had to do it, but it's now a tame little stuffed animal as it comes to an end. i am hoping the next liquid stage and the mushies are as easy for me as the pre-op diet. it really hasn't been that bad.

good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks Dawn! Good luck on your surgery tomorrow!!

I am 8 wks post op, I like to think sticking to the pre-op liquid help me fill restriction from day one

congrats on getting through your first day. i start mine on monday..sooooo i'm having my favorite! pizza this weekend, my last hoorah! LOL

Good to know that Im not the only one that's afraid of the liquid diet. It's good that you only have to do yours for a week because my surgeon told me that mine would be for 2 weeks prior to surgery. Not to worry though...my excite plus the help of all the supporters on LBT will help both you and I get through the liquid phase started on our new journies. Good luck and keep us posted.

Good point David, thanks!

Thanks Jennifer!

Well I'm on day 2 and it's not too bad so far. Thanks CoCoA!

Hey Liz!!!!

I am glad to hear your first day went well only 6 days to go!! We are in the same boat i am just starting my liquid diet today, my surgery will be on the 11th next Wednesday. So excited!! I was even a little excited ( and VERY nervous) about this diet, just because I am finally here and about to take this huge step for myself!! We can do this and get through on little week of these "yummy" Protein Shakes.

I am also on a only liquid diet, no small meal for me!! I look foreword to seeing how much I will lose in this week. Good LUCK!! Keep on drinking!!

Hello! I just signed up for this site today thinking I may need some support while getting thru this liquid phase. My surgery is next Tuesday, May 10th and today is my first day of pre-op liquid only diet (800 cal/day). Since it's only 10:30 am I feel fine right now. :-) I started this process back in November and have lost 17 lbs so far. I am both nervous & excited about the surgery. Ok, that's my intro...thanks for reading!

Hello!

my name is Jonathan and I joined today. My surgery is May 16th. I start my pre-op this coming Monday... I am not looking forward to it! how is your day going so far? how are you managing? are you getting hunger pains? what are your meals so far for today?

Its nice to find a forum where I can share my experiences with everyone!

Jonathan

I am at the end of Day 4 and I am doing ok surprisingly enough. I've been more tired than usual. Today I was moody. I go thru waves of no big deal, I'm not even thinking about it then I'm starving but it passes. Smelling food sucks, I'm finding it best to stay away from food and just keep really busy. 3 days to go so I'm more than half way thru. I really hate thinking about the fact that I won't eat anything again for a couple more weeks, lol. This liquid diet requires alot of time set aside for peeing! It's ridiculous. Ok well thank you everyone for the encouraging words!!

I am at the end of Day 4 and I am doing ok surprisingly enough. I've been more tired than usual. Today I was moody. I go thru waves of no big deal, I'm not even thinking about it then I'm starving but it passes. Smelling food sucks, I'm finding it best to stay away from food and just keep really busy. 3 days to go so I'm more than half way thru. I really hate thinking about the fact that I won't eat anything again for a couple more weeks, lol. This liquid diet requires alot of time set aside for peeing! It's ridiculous. Ok well thank you everyone for the encouraging words!!

I hear ya, I went to the bathroom A LOT today and it is only day one of pre-op diet! 2 weeks of it, but I get to have two Protein drinks and 2 Protein Bars (sold through my bariatric program and their dietition) and one small meal of 3-4 oz Protein and a serving of veggies (non starch), but I miss the bread/carbs with my meal. I will get through it though.