Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated, not losing weight

I was banded Nov 23rd and in the first week I lost 10 lbs, but that it and worse I've regained it all and haven't lost anything. I'm so frustrated, I read all these post about not being hungry and wish I felt the same. I have had a fill every month since Dec, sometimes twice in the same month, and it feels like I can feel restriction sometimes and other times nothing. I have no problem eating anything I want and as much as I want.

I am going again to get a fill on Monday but just feel it's still not going to work.

I have also started weight watchers and working out 5-6 days a week.

I just needed to vent and see if anyone else is having the same problem I thought for sure I would be down 30 lbs by now and feel like such a failure.

Thanks for reading/listening :)

I just want to replay on this. It's happening to me too. I feel so frustrated and I understand what you are going through. I could not have said better myself.. You are not alone with this.:(

I was banded Nov 23rd and in the first week I lost 10 lbs, but that it and worse I've regained it all and haven't lost anything. I'm so frustrated, I read all these post about not being hungry and wish I felt the same. I have had a fill every month since Dec, sometimes twice in the same month, and it feels like I can feel restriction sometimes and other times nothing. I have no problem eating anything I want and as much as I want.

I am going again to get a fill on Monday but just feel it's still not going to work.

I just needed to vent and see if anyone else is having the same problem I thought for sure I would be down 30 lbs by now and feel like such a failure.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I just want to replay on this. It's happening to me too. I feel so frustrated and I understand what you are going through. I could not have said better myself.. You are not alone with this.:(

Thanks for replying, I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. Hopefully something changes for us soon and we start losing...

The first thing I always think of when you are not losing is Are you getting enough Protein? That is the biggest contributor that occurs when people are not losing. Start paying attention to your clothes and the way they fit. As much working out as you are doing you are gaining muscle mass, which shows up as pounds on the scale but if your clothes are fitting loserm that is what is going on. This takes time and I always suggest you discuss this with your surgeon/doctor. The band is tricky, if you are pusing it by putting to much food in, it will expand. This is why we have to be so careful to not over eat. With any weight loss plan you can cheat, break, the rules and mess yourself up. So be careful with these things. I hope something i said will be helpful and get you on track, if that is the case. The band does different things to different people, so jsut hang in there. It took a long time to get to the point we needed the band, it will take a long time to get it working right for us. It never goes off as fast as we want it to, but it does not mean it is not working for you. You have to listen and learn what your body requires and how to make it work for you! I wish you luck, please feel free to ask questions or comment. I welcome it. I am going again to get a fill on Monday but just feel it's still not going to work.