Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please help a very committed bandster

Hey everyone!! I was banded on Feb 22 and am feeling great and was loosing... I know everyone hits a plateau but I don't know what to do and would love some suggestions. I keep a food journal and stick to low carb eating...I have a Protein Shake for brkfst every day and for lunch I will have 2oz of deli turkey and 1/2 ounce of cheese. Then for dinner I have 2 to 3 ounces of grilled chicken and some type of veggie. The only snack I have is 1/2 cup of fat free sugar free pudding. I walk on my treadmill 3 to 4 times per week and am pretty active at work. I also keep busy with 3 kids under 10. I am totally committed to doing this and have the willpower to be strong. I have only had 1 fill so I feel like I don't have much restriction but have no prob eating the small portions. I have not "cheated" since my surgery and have no desire to do so but the 45 lbs I have lost since Feb 4 have stalled...please send any suggestions!!! I also realize that is a lot of weight in such a short period of time but I would be ok with 2 lbs. A week I just feel stuck now...thx!

Looking at what you are eating, my thought is that you aren't eating enough calories. Most people do well at around 1,200 calories per day...for me, I need to keep mine between 1,000-1,100 to lose. My suggestion is to start slowly increasing your calories until you start losing again (it is a bit of trial and error to find the right range because everyone is different).

Good Luck!

I agree with Vicky, it sounds like you aren't eating enough calories. Try increasing your Water intake also.

deli meat has alot of salt and so does cheese. Maybe you are retaining Water.< /p>

It sounds like you are doing everything right. Just give it a bit more time. Try hard to not get discouraged.

Hey everyone!! I was banded on Feb 22 and am feeling great and was loosing... I know everyone hits a plateau but I don't know what to do and would love some suggestions. I keep a food journal and stick to low carb eating...I have a Protein shake for brkfst every day and for lunch I will have 2oz of deli turkey and 1/2 ounce of cheese. Then for dinner I have 2 to 3 ounces of grilled chicken and some type of veggie. The only snack I have is 1/2 cup of fat free sugar free pudding. I walk on my treadmill 3 to 4 times per week and am pretty active at work. I also keep busy with 3 kids under 10. I am totally committed to doing this and have the willpower to be strong. I have only had 1 fill so I feel like I don't have much restriction but have no prob eating the small portions. I have not "cheated" since my surgery and have no desire to do so but the 45 lbs I have lost since Feb 4 have stalled...please send any suggestions!!! I also realize that is a lot of weight in such a short period of time but I would be ok with 2 lbs. A week I just feel stuck now...thx!

You are doing great! 45 lbs in 3 months is magnificent. I never lost that good. Keep up and you will loose. Maybe vary your calories, and exercise some. Drink lots of Water, too! Karen

Thx for all of the suggestions! I really love that I can come to banded living and get some much needed info... I am trying hard to believe/understand the not eating enough calories issue...what happens when you get more fills and you can't eat as much? Do you eat smaller portions more often to get the calories in? Also thx for the comments about Water I am def not drinking enough of that and will try harder to do that! Another thing is that the deli meat/cheese comment is so true about the sodium I have been so focused on other things I didn't think about that...I just want to tell all that commented that I am going to follow all of your suggestions and really appreciate the positive comments. Not sure what I would do without the "banded family"!