Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day one liquid diet (one meal a day too)

Good morning all ! Started my liquids this morning 4 am first protien shake mmmm :rolleyes: hahaha find myself humming "let your new life begin" constantly sure by 12 pm I'll be hungry hahaha brought cucumber and bell pepper for snacking on just in case stocked up on Water yesterday seems crazy its 14 days from today , closer it gets the better i'm feeling :) . Hoping to loose even 10 lbs on this pre diet :lol: . Wish me luck

Soon to be banded

Georgia

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! I was on a 3-4 Protein Shake diet with one low cal meal a day preop diet for 7 days and lost 12 pounds. I mixed my Protein Powder (Bariatric Advantage bana) with nonfat milk and tolerated the taste so much better. By day 2 I was abotu to die so got permission to eat raw veggies...thise carrots, cucumber clices,a nd celery slices with rice vinegar saved me LOL. (I also would sprinkle half a pack of splenda on them witht he rice vinegar for a sweet treat).

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! I was on a 3-4 Protein Shake diet with one low cal meal a day preop diet for 7 days and lost 12 pounds. I mixed my Protein powder (Bariatric Advantage bana) with nonfat milk and tolerated the taste so much better. By day 2 I was abotu to die so got permission to eat raw veggies...thise carrots, cucumber clices,a nd celery slices with rice vinegar saved me LOL. (I also would sprinkle half a pack of splenda on them witht he rice vinegar for a sweet treat).

Cool I am not sure what kind I got as I am on a tight budget it was the cheapest with the right numbers and as luck would have it Henrys was having a great sale on veggies and albertsons had chicken breasts boneless and skinless for 1.99 lb and cod so between that and tuna my meals are set for at least a week or two . Ive never heard of rice vinegar before can I use regular white distilled?

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! I was on a 3-4 Protein shake diet with one low cal meal a day preop diet for 7 days and lost 12 pounds. I mixed my Protein powder (Bariatric Advantage bana) with nonfat milk and tolerated the taste so much better. By day 2 I was abotu to die so got permission to eat raw veggies...thise carrots, cucumber clices,a nd celery slices with rice vinegar saved me LOL. (I also would sprinkle half a pack of splenda on them witht he rice vinegar for a sweet treat).

Hey MarcyLoo,

Can I ask who your insurance is through? Or why you were denied. I too was denied and had to go through the appeals process. I'm just curious as I'm going through NWWLS w/ Dr. Michaelson too. I have a coworker currently waiting for approval...so just curious.

Today is also my day 1 of my 7 day liquid diet... i've had two 8oz shakes totalling 280 cal... looking ok so far to staying under my 870cal for today.

Thanks for any info you can provide, my coworker is nervous although she's been over 40BMI for more than 2 years and has high BP. We have Aetna.

Thanks,

Zoebug

Hey MarcyLoo,

Can I ask who your insurance is through? Or why you were denied. I too was denied and had to go through the appeals process. I'm just curious as I'm going through NWWLS w/ Dr. Michaelson too. I have a coworker currently waiting for approval...so just curious.

Today is also my day 1 of my 7 day liquid diet... i've had two 8oz shakes totalling 280 cal... looking ok so far to staying under my 870cal for today.

Thanks for any info you can provide, my coworker is nervous although she's been over 40BMI for more than 2 years and has high BP. We have Aetna.

Thanks,

Zoebug

I also have Aetna , I went to the seminar in Dec and got my approval in April having the surgery on May 12th , I was told to be in for a long wait but they sent in my paper work and was approved within a week not sure why was so quick my bmi isn't very high but I do have moderate to severe apnea so maybe that but who knows I'm not going to argue . I wasn't told to stay under any calorie levels but some of the veggies are negative calories to so check on those maybe will help stay on the diet easier . Good luck to us :D .

Well day one is over thank goodness up till 10 last night :blink: with my 19 month old daughter by then I was hungry again. I had a protien shake So that made 3 shakes is that cheating? Also around 4 pm yesterday I was a little lite headed I made a cup of broth and had a stick of celery then had to go grocery shop for some stuff for the rest of the family . They wanted some chips and stuff for Cheeseburgers :( , Cheeseburgers are my downfall I love them . I ended up having a salad with "cheater dressing" (Italian with no oil ) 4 crowns of broccoli and a piece of cod and broth again. I hope the extra broth and cerery are ok . Does anyone know if we are allowed hard boiled eggs on our salads they are high in Protein or would that count as the meat part of our small meal ? I think I did pretty well as usually during the day at work I eat all day sitting on my butt so I know I didn't get even a third of the calories I normally get and I walked my hill yesterday on the way home .

I started day two about an hour earlier (230am) than yesterday I'm a little optimistic hopefully get to bed earlier and sleep a little longer as there isn't any work for me again till monday , but you know kids they always seem to do the oppisite of what youd like them to do lol. I have to figure out if there is some way to put this on my cell as sometimes just checking in here is such an Inspiration to me that helps me through the hunger spells Imaginary or not . Thank you all for being on here and sharing like you do .

Georgia