Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on Jan 9th. '06

Hello my name is Kera and I recently had the lap band procedure done in Tijuana Mexico by dr.lopez. I had the procedure done for my heart problems and I am :phanvan having a really hard time dealling with the issue of no food. I have heard lots of success stories especially in the first 3-6 months I would love to hear from people who have had it done not just on tv or magazines. I hope that I am not the only person who wishes they did not do this especially in the begining. I keep thinking that I will be happier I have 2 boys 4 years and 2years and my loving and supportive husband they are the reason I did it to be healthier and able to help them have a fuller life.

I live in AZ and I am going to school to be a teacher..... I would love to hear back from someone...

klynn

I just had my lapband procedure on January 5th. The first few days were hard just because I knew I couldn't eat the food that I was used to eating but it is getting easier day by day. It's a life altering adjustment and it takes time to get used to it and I am still adjusting. You have two young boys who are going to benefit alot from this because you will be healthier and around alot longer. I have only had this for 4 days longer than you so I can't really give a success story quite yet. All I know is it does get easier day by day. Good Luck!

Klynn: I am gonna be in Tucson on the 31st for the BEAD show. Are you anywhere near there? If so wanna meet for lunch or something while I am in town? I will be there through the 10th of Feb.

It does get easier as time passes. The beginning stage is so hard but it does get easier.

Klynn - Hang in there - can you eat pureed Soup? Something warm with a little salt and pepper did wonders for me for a change of pace.

KLynn, I know it seems like the liquids thing is going to go on forever but it's only for a short time. Compare that to dieting for YEARS and it doesn't seem so long, huh? Good luck on your journey, hon, and many happy losses to you.

Hi! I am a teacher (28 years!). I've been banded for 6 months; I know the beginning is especially difficult. Give yourself time to adjust...some people refer to it as "head banding." Right now, you are focused on healing well and completely. That is why you are only subjecting your espophogus and stomach to liquids/mushies...nothing it has to work too hard to digest. See, there's a REASON...when you understand the reason, it makes it easier (I think). I recall others posting that they had second thoughts about having had the surgery, but within 2 months, most, if not all, of them have embraced their decision, and are happy. Hang in there, it WILL get better. Until then, use this site for support, and post any time. Also, use the "search" feature to find old threads on some of the topics on your mind. Cindy

I was recently banded also. December 21st 2005. So I'm about 4 weeks post op. It does get easier, I do look forward to every new week that I can have something new!! I'm very happy with my band so far. The weight is coming off and I feel full.

Good luck and keep us posted

NVanDevelde