Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help finding vitamins

I got liquid D3 Vitamins at GNC. Each drop is 4000 iu, and easy to take. If you let a drop fall on the back of your hand, you can lick it off. They're tasteless. (Sounds weird, but works well.) To get the 10000 iu a day that I need, I take two drops one day, and three drops the next day. It averages out to 10000 a day.

For Calcium, I got the Kirkland brand calcium chews at costco. They look like Starburst chews, but they're chocolate flavor. Not bad. I eat three a day to get the dosage my NUT requires. I carry some in my jacket pocket, and eat one when I think i want a small snack. Takes care of two birds with one stone.

Dave

The dietitian from my Bariatric Clinic has a take a childrens chewable with Iron. I have had no problem finding these anywhere. I have been able to find all my Vitamins at Walmart and my local grocery store. The only thing that I needed to go the Vitamin Shoppe for was for the Protein Powder.< /p>

Thank you so muck for your help. I've been everywhere looking and i can't find chewables anywere for adults. lol

I think costco sells gummi Vitamins for adults. I haven't checked the dosages on them, so can't tell you anything about them. But it's worth checking out.

Dave

I can find em... for calcium citrate with D I got these Caltrate ones.. but now I take Viactive chews (they taste better) and One A Day Makes Gummy vitamins.. they are just expensive though... CVS and Rite Aid have store brands and often have good coupons.

I got all my Vitamins from costco. They have an adult chewable Multivitamin. The D3 comes in a liquigel capsule so I just bite it to get the Vitamin D. The gel part eventually disolves in your mouth (or you can spit it out). The gelcaps seem to be cheaper. As for the Calcium, I just buy the regular pills (which are cheaper) and chew them up. I just take a swig of liquid like coffee, Water, or sports drink with the pill, chew it, and it disintegrates quickly in your mouth. I've gotten used to the chalky taste and with one swallow, it's gone. I'm a cheapskate at heart and look for the best deal!

One a day chewables are not bad in price.

Thanks everyone, you are all a big help. We don't have a costco up here in Indiana but we do have a Sams Club which is pretty much the same thing.;) I'm going hunting today for them after work.

We are told to take Calcium citrate. Viactive and caltrate are Calcium carbonate and not well absorbed by folks with reduced stomach acid.

I use Bariatric Advantage chewable calcium citrate. It's the best price-wise I've been able to find. We're also told that children's Vitamins are NOT sufficient for us.. even if you're taking more than one. An adult chewable is ok for bandsters as we don't malabsorb. Centrum makes a decent one.

Also if you're supposed to take 1500 or 2000 of calcium, make sure to be taking it in divided doses throughout the day, not all at once. The human body doesn't absorb calcium very well, so taking it in spaced out doses increases the chance that we'll absorb at least a little.

If your multi-Vitamin contains Iron, don't take it within 2 hours of calcium. They will interfere with each other.