Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery like C-Section?

Hi: I am wondering if lap band surgery recovery is similar in regards to having a C-Section? I am trying to get a gauge on whay the recovery period is like and what I will need for help afterwards.

My husband travels quite extensively for work and is gone quite a bit. I can expect to have him for a weekend if I have my surgery on a Friday or Thursday. Then I am on my own with 3 kids ages: 10, 6, 3.

I do have a babysitter and friend that can help a little.

I have had c-sections and know what the recovery time is like with that and taking care of 3 kids (except no sleep with a newborn!).

Thanks, lizmat

I have had 3 c-sections. This is much easier than a c-section. I never felt the abdominal pain that I did with the c-section. The pain is much, much less. This was just my surgery though, I am sure everyone has different pain levels.

I had a C section too and this surgery was more painful to me for the first couple of days, I think mostly it was gas pressure and the port sight but there was no way I could have handled that on my own, as I was thinking I could. Luckily my mom was in town and basically waited on me hand and foot, but honestly I needed her for about 3 days straight, and thank god she was there. As far as taking care of little ones, I am glad she was there for mine because I was out of commission. Hope this helps.

Hi: I am wondering if lap band surgery recovery is similar in regards to having a C-Section? I am trying to get a gauge on whay the recovery period is like and what I will need for help afterwards.

My husband travels quite extensively for work and is gone quite a bit. I can expect to have him for a weekend if I have my surgery on a Friday or Thursday. Then I am on my own with 3 kids ages: 10, 6, 3.

I have had c-sections and know what the recovery time is like with that and taking care of 3 kids (except no sleep with a newborn!).

Thanks, lizmat

I had for c-sections, and this was nothing like it. I was back to work on day four and now at 3 weeks I have know pain at all. The closest thing I can compare it to is my gallblader surgury. The more you move the better you will feel. Good luck

make sure to have chewable gas-x or the gas-x strips on hand at home along with lots of Water and a heating pad...if you even feel the slightest big of gas discomfort...take a gax-x. That is what I did and only had a few bad gas pains. You will be fine. Anyone who can handle multiple C-sections is a champ! :D

Yes they do, a liquid pain reliever but I drank it like Water for the first 2 days. It was still painful for me but like everyone says, you do get through it. I started feeling some relief on day 3 but the heating pad and gas x are a must.

Yes they do, a liquid pain reliever but I drank it like Water for the first 2 days. It was still painful for me but like everyone says, you do get through it. I started feeling some relief on day 3 but the heating pad and gas x are a must.

Great I live near San Diego and have to go all the way to Beverly Hills to get mine done as an out patient procedure (I know Beverly Hills sounds great but the facility was gross went there for my scope thought whew fancy was greatly disapointed ) any way ride home will probably kill me . Wonder if they will give something super strong to knock me out lol.

Not really, and plus you wont want to drink anything at first. I was so thirsty after surgery and all I got was a sip of Water but I didnt want anymore after my thirst was quenched. Actually didnt even have an appetite for the first 5 days but day 6 I was starving like crazy.

Thanks, lizmat

I just had my lap band surgery 5 days ago. I have 2 children- ages 7 and 3- both c-section. I would say the recovery so far has been "similar", but not the same. My first c-section recovery was terrible, my second was not so bad. This is somewhere in between. My big problem- I can't cuddle my girls right now. :(

I have had 3 c/s and the recovery for them was much harder than my lap band surgery. I was back to work 4 days after getting my band.

I have had 4 c sections and about 4 other surgeries including lapband and my lapband surgery wasn't anywhere near the amount of pain of having a csection. In fact, it was less pain then having my gaul bladder removed.