Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein supplements...24 grams in single 2.5 fluid ounce serving

The hospital provided this product to me right after surgery.

I am having a lot of trouble meeting my Protein needs, so I am reordering the Hormel™ Healthy Shot® Double Protein Beverage Peach - 24/2.5 floz. They also have a Tropical fruit flavor with 12 grams of protein.

The peach is a very concentrated taste, so I chill well and chug. :lol: But if you like peach tea, it would be a great flavor addition and sweetner for unsweetened tea. Also a great Water flavorer! They are a little expensive, but for our health and retainment of hair, it is worth it!

"Recognizing the many issues and problems with current nutritional beverages, Hormel Health Labs developed Healthy Shot® High Protein. Healthy Shot® is fruit flavored, clear, clean and refreshing. Due to the small serving size and refreshing flavor, it does not create unwanted early satiety. You can still encourage food first and provide patients with 12g or 24g of protein in a single 2.5 Fluid ounce serving."

Lots of other products too!

https://www.homecare...m/HHL/NXCLI.NSF

This looks like a good product. I just can not handle the Protein Shakes. Is there any were you can buy just one to try before purchasing 24 box?

Walmart sells a similar product as do most health stores; try looking in GNC/Vitamin Shoppe/Vitamin World. They generally sell them in singles. I've never had one but I'd imagine they'd be better mixed in with Water to reduce the sweetness.

Target also sells a product like this. I got some the other week and yes....very tart...very sweet so dilution is the key. The name of the kind at Target is Pure Protein. It is 2.9 oz and has 25g of Protein. It comes in a 6 pack box :)

KOKIE

Hey Kokie there you are. How did every thing go in Denver? Thanks for the advise I really need something with high Protein and low calories. No creamy yucky. LOL.

Reverie what do you use ?

I also do the pure Protein Shots but I freeze mine and eat it like a freeze pop. Of course to do this I have to pure it in a cup before freezing. It doesn't taste too bad.

I originally used Muscle Milk Light in the powder form; got tired of it; still have a jug at home just collecting dust. I moved onto RTD Protein shakes, got tired of them as well. I moved myself off of Protein Shakes as they arent meant for long-term use, IMO and I was already getting 100g+ of Protein a day without them. I am not a huge fan of whey and the smell is something I cannot tolerate nowadays thanks to my 4 weeks of having to drink the things.

Nowadays I buy casein protein :) Tastes much better. I bake with it, make protein pudding, etc. I haven't had a shake in months and I like it that way. I can't get into them anymore, haha.