Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy MLK Day !!

A Happy one to you too and everyone else here on LBT! If nothing else, MLK showed us how important it is to have dreams, then set goals and decide how to make them happen!

Shouldn't you have said, Happy Have Your Kids At Home An Extra Day Wondering Why They Aren't At School And Staring At You With A Blank Expression When You Try To Explain To Them Why Martin Luther King, Jr. Was Important Day!! (Geez, that was hard to type) My poor little ones just don't really get it yet, they just know it's a day off!!

Happy MLK, Jr. Day to you, too!!

Isn't it just wonderful that we can all chat together. share our dreams and hopes together and the only discrimination we have is against certain types of food. LOL I am living the dream everyday. Growing up in the south I have and had experienced all types of discrimination because of my Color. My grandfather was shot at, beaten, and almost killed all before the age of 16. He just turned 88 years old and I will never forget the lessons he has taught me. Man is judged by character not by the color of his skin. That goes either way white or black. We are all created equal no more no less. I know that there are only a few black people on this site that I can recall and I am very proud to say that I have never felt uncomfortable and not accepted by anyone on this site. I know there are still alot of people who have hangups about race relations; but I am into the human race relations and just getting along with my fellow brother and sister. No matter what color, creed, religion.weight lol etc. Martin Luther King Jr had a dream and I am living it. Wow,what a LIFE!!!!

Amen to what you said Diva! I am into the groove of loving every human being, regardless of their color. If you treat me good, you'll get the same respect back from me and then some.

I work at a museum (and yes I'm working today...people with a day off have to have something to do). We've got an exhibit up for the month of January about MLK and the Civil Rights movement. My office is right around the corner and I get to hear parents explaining to their children about who MLK was and the way things used to be. Today I overheard one mom say "and see this picture - it used to be that people were sent to separate schools" and the kid just being amazed at such a thing.

Change can be a very, very good thing.

http://www.maybornmuseum.com

post-205005-1381313270031_thumb.jpg

Martin Luther king was an amazing man, a real Mensh. Rosa Parkes was also an incredible lady who sat down so that others could stand up and be heard. Susannah

I hope you all know that I was just being an imp in my last post!! If you have read any of my other posts, you will see a pattern of goofiness!!

My daughter and I have discussed why Dr. King was important to our history, and she feels like I do...it is a shame that he even had to work for equality (we personally believe that all of God's children are equal in His eyes, and should be in ours as well!!!)

~cheri

Cheri, you are no imp. My kids are young, too, and they don't get Valentines Day! It's a great opportunity to pass along values to the kiddos when the holidays come up. This is no exception.

Great post, Dee. Well written, indeed! Happy MLK Day!

"Man is judged by character not by the color of his skin." ~Divaliciousdee