Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please advice is needed for what's going on with me.

This is my 2nd posting on this but I want to change some of the questions. I would like to know what is going on.For those who have just answered my previous post. THANK YOU!!!!!Ok, I did it. Did I make the right decision?

Only Time will tell.

Today it is 6 days. Still no BM. I'm assuming that is normal as I don't even have an urge.

I'm really worried about all the things I am feeling.

1: Left side under rib, what is this pain/discomfort I am feeling???? It is such a sharp pain, that when I move a certain way it is almost like a Stitch from running feeling and takes my breath away. It's very painful and I'm trying to take just pain pills for night only, to see if I can sustain the pain, as I have to get used to it once I start working again.

2: I constantly feel my stomach growling - is this normal???? Why is this happening??? The pain is so great at times, that I feel nauseous. I can't even think about drinking anything.

3: Why can I do ok laying on the recling couch, but horrible if I try to lay in bed? Well @ 5 am today I woke up on the couch sleeping on the right side. So I decided again to try and lie in bed to see if I can do it. I did, that I fell asleep for 4 hours.

4: How long is recup time? I thought I'd be able to go back to work Monday, I'm still taking Pain pills at night just so I can sleep I have a very LOW tolerance of pain, so if you do too, how long before you returned to work? I don't want stay home if I should be pushing myself. ( I read somewhere that some of you are experiencing people judging you....I do have supervisors who are very judgmental and and I don't want them to say anything to me like well this is what you wanted, you should come back to work. I am already hearing it from my own family, can you believe it. This is what you wanted....stop complaining already about the pain. Boo hoo......I still had surgery....

5: I am barely drinking, I'm lucky if I can drink more than 15 oz of Protein shakes. I'm trying to just shake and not blend, but finding them hard to get down. What is an immersion blender. I normally would use the Bullet blender I have from Medifast, and it works great, but the doctor's nutritionist suggested that that would just cause me more gas pains. Trying to drink these shakes is horrible. I have also seen many of your reports saying that some of you are already eating soft foods...lucky you, I cannot have soft foods until after a month.

6: Water seems a little easier to get down. and I can eat Ice pop and Jello....but how long before I can eat food another 3 weeks, how will I last???? I'm just dying for real food, but I can't wait for cream of broccoli, cream of Tomato, or maybe something else. Yea, I still feel like this.

7: Stopped heartburn meds, but gas pains are yucky. Did anyone else stop their heartburn medications? I was on Zegreid and Pepcid.

8: When I drink I feel like I'm putting Water into oil and that the water drops to the bottom, and the oil floats on top. WHat is this I am feeling?????

I haven't walked, due to weather, but I don't even want to walk. Everytime I take a breath, I get that sharp pain from the left side under my rib.Thank you for all of your help.

One more thing = how do you add that weight loss ticker factory thingy at the bottom of your posts? I tried going to their site and creating a new one, but to no avail.

I really think you should be calling your doctor tomorrow and asking him or her all these questions. What may be normal for some might not be for you.

You got a lot going on. Some are totally normal.

I would call my Dr.'s office in the morning, and let them know all this.

email it or fax it to them,

So he can look at each problem, and address it.

When I would go to my surgeon I always wrote everything down, gave it to him, and

he would know right off the top of his head what's normal, and what's going on. (THEY ALL DO)

Maybe he can give you something for Constipation. If you are?

I think your talking about a shaker bottle. Go to a GNC or Walmarts even sells them.

It's a glass with a device in it to break up the Protein powder so it mixes, also has a mouth on it

for sipping. They are not expensive and they work,also for work or going out, you can't beat them.

Call you Dr. Tomorrow.

I was banded on 3/1/2011 and know exactly what you are going through. I hope my answers to your questions will help put you at ease because everything you are experiencing is perfectly normal.

1. You feel pain here because that is where the attached the access port below your skin so they can make adjustments to the band by filling or removing Fluid throught his port. The majority of the pain here will be gone 1 week after surgery if you take the hydrocodone as perscribed (every 4-6hrs). You will have soreness if you do heavy lifting for about a month however it is not bad.

2. Growling is perfectly normal. The pain you are feeling is mainly gas. When they do the surgery they have to inflate your abdominal cavity with air so they have room to manuever. The stomach will absorb the gas and pass it through your system. It takes a couple days and the pain can be uncomfortable. One thing I found very helpful is walking. Walk around for about 15-20 minutes and you will actually feel the girgling make its way out. Pushing it out is hard and painful but walking will help drastically.

3. The reason you feel good on the reclining couch is because the port is attached to your abdominal muscle on the left side. When you recline your body is not completely stretched so you do not feel pain. When you lay down on your back in bed and are flat it stretches your abdominal muscles resulting in pain. One thing I found that helps is sleeping in bed with a big pillow behind me so I am almost sitting up, your reclining couch is perfect. I would however stand up as straight as you can and walk so that you do not heal hunched over.

4. Recup time is about 1 week and you will be 90% healed. The other 10% takes about a month. I was back to work in 2 weeks and was fine, however everyone is different and your doctor will probably see you 2 weeks after surgery and let you know your progress. The main thing is taking the pain meds and resting.

5. Everyone is different and will advance at different rates. I felt ok but went throught the outlined intake process the doctor assigned to me. I found the first week I could barely eat anything. I never felt hungry and I got lots of gas no matter what I ate. The body will heal and the gas will go away. The only advice I have for you is stay strong, you can do this. It should be much better within a week. Remember gas gets better with walking. You should be back to eating all food within 4-5weeks.

6. The doctor/nutrionsit should have outlined a diet plan for you and progression timeline. I would check with them to make sure you are on schedule.

7. I did not have heatburn meds.

8. I am not sure what you are feeling. I would try drinking very slowing and never through a straw. Never drink more than a sip at a time. Its hard to get used to but you can do it. Within a month itll be second nature to you.

Even if the weather is horrible, its crap here as well. Walk around the house, even if its slow. You will feel so much better. Do not over do it. Slow walking for 15 minutes and you will feel tha gas subside.

Hope I helped even a little. Good luck to you.

weight.png

Today it is 6 days. Still no BM. I'm assuming that is normal as I don't even have an urge.

No food = no poop obviously.

1: Left side under rib, what is this pain/discomfort I am feeling???? It is such a sharp pain, that when I move a certain way it is almost like a Stitch from running feeling and takes my breath away. It's very painful and I'm trying to take just pain pills for night only, to see if I can sustain the pain, as I have to get used to it once I start working again.

Pain from surgery is normal, gas pain, and the pain from cutting into you, it's normal. If you are having abnormally bad pain, call your doctor. I was up and about by day 5. Not 100% but well enough to go to the store.

2: I constantly feel my stomach growling - is this normal???? Why is this happening??? The pain is so great at times, that I feel nauseous. I can't even think about drinking anything.

Gas, you aren't eating... Drink all your Protein and Water, force yourself

3: Why can I do ok laying on the recling couch, but horrible if I try to lay in bed? Well @ 5 am today I woke up on the couch sleeping on the right side. So I decided again to try and lie in bed to see if I can do it. I did, that I fell asleep for 4 hours.

Yea it hurts, because of healing, it'll get better. I couldn't sleep on my side for probably 2 weeks.

4: How long is recup time? I thought I'd be able to go back to work Monday, I'm still taking Pain pills at night just so I can sleep I have a very LOW tolerance of pain, so if you do too, how long before you returned to work? I don't want stay home if I should be pushing myself. ( I read somewhere that some of you are experiencing people judging you....I do have supervisors who are very judgmental and and I don't want them to say anything to me like well this is what you wanted, you should come back to work. I am already hearing it from my own family, can you believe it. This is what you wanted....stop complaining already about the pain. Boo hoo......I still had surgery....

Day 5 I was up and went shopping and stuff... I was in virtually no pain by then.. and I went on vacation 10 days after surgery.

5: I am barely drinking, I'm lucky if I can drink more than 15 oz of Protein shakes. I'm trying to just shake and not blend, but finding them hard to get down. What is an immersion blender. I normally would use the Bullet blender I have from Medifast, and it works great, but the doctor's nutritionist suggested that that would just cause me more gas pains. Trying to drink these shakes is horrible. I have also seen many of your reports saying that some of you are already eating soft foods...lucky you, I cannot have soft foods until after a month.

It's gross, but drink them. a whole month w/o food? That's nuts.. this isn't bypass, are you sure? Try Isopure it's fruity at lest, something different. Also get the pre-made shakes they taste better.

6: Water seems a little easier to get down. and I can eat Ice pop and Jello....but how long before I can eat food another 3 weeks, how will I last???? I'm just dying for real food, but I can't wait for cream of broccoli, cream of Tomato, or maybe something else. Yea, I still feel like this.

You can have those can't you? If you aren't on Clear liquids you should be able to have pureed Soup.

7: Stopped heartburn meds, but gas pains are yucky. Did anyone else stop their heartburn medications? I was on Zegreid and Pepcid.

Gas pain are from surgery. They pump you full of air. Just walk, and use a heating pad.

8: When I drink I feel like I'm putting water into oil and that the water drops to the bottom, and the oil floats on top. WHat is this I am feeling?????

Because you are swollen from surgery.

I haven't walked, due to weather, but I don't even want to walk. Everytime I take a breath, I get that sharp pain from the left side under my rib.Thank you for all of your help.

WALK it helps with the pain. IF the pain is so horrible you can't bare it, then call your doctor.

Thank you so much for getting back to me and making me feel more at ease.

I'm trying to drink, but it is difficult with the Nausea.

You have been most helpful and supportive.

Congrats on your huge weight loss.!!!

Thank you so much for the reply and support.

2 weeks of Clear Liquids.< /p>

2 weeks of not clear liquids,

I see so many people are already eating food. WOW, I can't even think of it.

SO the growling is actually GAS???? Interesting, all my life, I 've taken that as I am H.u.n.g.r.y.

I know, I know..but I can't get it down in a sip with in a half hour. That is such torture - the drinks.

I tried a lot of different Protein drinks before my surgery, and I thought I found the ones I liked....I did, but I use the Bullet to blend them and they are nice and creamy so it's not so blah. Can't use the blender due to even more gas.

after a month I can then have soft foods.

No food = no poop obviously.

Pain from surgery is normal, gas pain, and the pain from cutting into you, it's normal. If you are having abnormally bad pain, call your doctor. I was up and about by day 5. Not 100% but well enough to go to the store.

Gas, you aren't eating... Drink all your Protein and Water, force yourself

Yea it hurts, because of healing, it'll get better. I couldn't sleep on my side for probably 2 weeks.

Day 5 I was up and went shopping and stuff... I was in virtually no pain by then.. and I went on vacation 10 days after surgery.

5: I am barely drinking, I'm lucky if I can drink more than 15 oz of protein shakes. I'm trying to just shake and not blend, but finding them hard to get down. What is an immersion blender. I normally would use the Bullet blender I have from Medifast, and it works great, but the doctor's nutritionist suggested that that would just cause me more gas pains. Trying to drink these shakes is horrible. I have also seen many of your reports saying that some of you are already eating soft foods...lucky you, I cannot have soft foods until after a month.

It's gross, but drink them. a whole month w/o food? That's nuts.. this isn't bypass, are you sure? Try Isopure it's fruity at lest, something different. Also get the pre-made shakes they taste better.

You can have those can't you? If you aren't on clear liquids you should be able to have pureed Soup.< /strong>

Gas pain are from surgery. They pump you full of air. Just walk, and use a heating pad.

8: When I drink I feel like I'm putting water into oil and that the water drops to the bottom, and the oil floats on top. WHat is this I am feeling?????

Because you are swollen from surgery.

WALK it helps with the pain. IF the pain is so horrible you can't bare it, then call your doctor.