Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you get a fill if...

Would you get a fill if you were consistently losing 0.5 lbs a week? I'm disappointed that I had such a long plateau (2 months). Now after my second fill I have finally started losing again. But I want to be the typical 1 - 2 lbs a week.

I track my calories and work out 3 times a week. So why aren't I losing more??!!!

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts.

As long as you are losing weight I would not get a fill. No one realizes that the band is for life and if you get filled up what else do you have to work with. If it keeps going down dont get a fill. Weight loss is supposed to be slow. A half a pound a week is 52lbs in a year.

Thanks for the advice. I think you're right; I'll wait.

Fluffy just to correct you for a second 1/2 lb per week is 26 lb per year, not 52 as there ate 52 weeks in a year and she is losing 1/2 that.

As for if you should get the fill, are you hungry? I've never had a fill but at this point I don't think having one would make me lose any faster I eat the right things and don't get hungry, but if you are overtaking and unable to control it, then probably a fill would help

I went yesterday for my 6 week check up and was sure I needed a fill because I am experiencing hungar between meals. After going over my food journal with my doctor she thinks I am eating to many soft foods. I eat oatmeal and Soups a lot. She thought I should try to eat more solid foods and see if I stay fuller longer. I thought I was losing to slowly because I had 2 weeks no weight lose. Also my calorie intake is to low. So these are things I have to work on in the next month before I go back to see her.

I went yesterday for my 6 week check up and was sure I needed a fill because I am experiencing hungar between meals. After going over my food journal with my doctor she thinks I am eating to many soft foods. I eat oatmeal and Soups a lot. She thought I should try to eat more solid foods and see if I stay fuller longer. I thought I was losing to slowly because I had 2 weeks no weight lose. Also my calorie intake is to low. So these are things I have to work on in the next month before I go back to see her.

I checked with my nutritionist about my daily caloric intake. He told me to eat the regular amount of calories, but really be aware of being satisfied and learn to stop eating then. I'm still working on that one; Breakfast and lunch are easier than dinner for me.

Good luck to you!

Depends how hard it is to lose that 0.5lb - if you're hungry between meals, having to stop yourself at mealtime without really feeling satisfied etc, then a fill is probably not a bad idea. You can lose 6lb a week underfilled if you're determined enough, doesnt mean you should have to!

but if its all ticking along nicely and you're just thinking its a bit slow, I'd think hard about fixing what aint broke - often more fill doesnt have the result you expected anyway.