Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! I was banded on April 15th in Tijuana....so tomorrow will be 1 week after surgery! I had a hernia repair and some other revisons done when they placed the band...so I feel like I am more pain then normal. The area around my incisions is still pretty sore, especially the incision where my port is. I am SO sick of liquids. yesterday I decided to try egg salad, I ate about 6 spoon fulls and was stuffed. I didn't have any problems with it going down. Is this normal? I still feel like I am SO full of gas, like my stomach is SO bloated...is this normal too? I have SO many questions! I am feeling pretty good....but still not as much energy as I had before. I am tired and yawning all the time!

Congrats! Yeah, I'd say your experience with the egg salad is pretty normal. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Hello! I was banded on April 15th in Tijuana....so tomorrow will be 1 week after surgery! I had a hernia repair and some other revisons done when they placed the band...so I feel like I am more pain then normal. The area around my incisions is still pretty sore, especially the incision where my port is. I am SO sick of liquids. yesterday I decided to try egg salad, I ate about 6 spoon fulls and was stuffed. I didn't have any problems with it going down. Is this normal? I still feel like I am SO full of gas, like my stomach is SO bloated...is this normal too? I have SO many questions! I am feeling pretty good....but still not as much energy as I had before. I am tired and yawning all the time!

Hello I am just 3 days banded and getting to the point of being tired of liquids. I am still real sore and like you had a hernia repaired. I am weak too and I have to return to work Monday. I am not sure how that is gonna work. Sounds like you are doing kind of normal to me. Good luck!

I agree I am only 4 days out and I already hate liquids. I have honestly decided i will never eat Soup again or protien shakes. I need real food, Sunday is Easter and I think I'm gonna try to eat the inside of a stuffed shell and see how I handle it. Thankfully I don't have much pain at all just in the belly button where they did the single incision.

I am scheduled to be banded on May 20th. I am single and I was wondering how were the first 24-48 hours after the surgery? Will i need someone at home with me, or should I be ok by myself. I asked this question in another thread, but I forgot where and I cant find it! LOL! Can you get emails when someone replies to a thread you have posted in? If so can someone please share how you do that.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer1,

My surgeon REQUIRED that I have someone stay with me for the first 24 hours after release from the hospital due to the anethesia. Might want to ask what your MD recommends.

Though my 18 year old son was with me, I was basically alone. My BFF and support person left but made sure I had everything I needed before she left. I agree with duckgirl33 check with your surgen.

thanks guys i'll check with the doc

Jennifer1,

My surgeon REQUIRED that I have someone stay with me for the first 24 hours after release from the hospital due to the anethesia. Might want to ask what your MD recommends.

Jennifer,

I would see if you can have a friend or someone stay with you for a few days. I bounced back from surgery very quickly but was glad to have someone at the house with me to just help out with little things and to help keep me on track with the required eating. I was a little loopy leaving the hospital on pain meds so she made sure she understood all of the release paperwork.

I had my surgery about 2 weeks ago and every now and then when I move a certain way I can feel some tenderness. But all in all recovery was very quick for me.