Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery a little over a yr ago and have only lost 30 of the 80 lbs I was so thrilled I'd be getting rid of. I don't necessarily get full fast. Haven't ever had a throwing up issue,and find myself eating tid bits here and there. I have a large size band with currently 8 cc's. Is that alot? Is that too little? I do see the Dr today so will ask that question but I'm frustrated that I may be just having bad habits and am not paying attention to what I'm actually eating and why. I never thought it would drop off without effort but I'm starting to get discouraged that I'm not even half way after a yr. With the little I eat, even if it was (but not usually) not the best choice of food I could make, I should still be shedding the lbs. I've been walking but no hard core exercise. I am just frustrated and could use someone who's been where I am to give me a slap of reality check or suggestions. Either are welcome. Make it a great day!

I'm no expert and have many struggles too but I find that tracking every single thing that goes in my mouth keeps me very VERY aware of what I'm eating. I think that would be a very good place for you to start. Good Luck to you, sort of sounds like you could use a fill too!

I was thinking the same thing. Track what you eat, limit what you eat, and maybe a fill will help. I also have heard that if you shake up your calorie intake as well as your Protein intake, that might help. Stick to Protein Shakes in the morning as this has been helpful for me.

I am doing for 10 days just Protein with a little bit of non fat greek yogurt in the morning with tbsp and half of oat bran, then having steamed fish or canned chicken, turkey, salmon with 1 tbsp half fat mayo and bit of chopped onion and pickle, or 2 poached eggs. this is the Dr. Dukan diet. I thought I would try it to get my weight moving again and it has started moving again. I am not bored with the food I'm eating as i spice up the food well. I will probably change to Dr. Atkins in a few weeks. I like to switch up my diet when the scale stops moving. I am using my fitpal to monitor exactly what i eat and how much Water i drink which is about 10 - 12 glasses a day. I am eating approx 850-950 cals a day. I'm not hungry. It is only a suggestion. I have included a link just in case you would like to take a look. I am doing the attack phase and have taken off 8 pounds since saturday. I take a tbsp liquid Multivitamin Centrum and a dose of Vitamin b complex also in liquid form. I had only lost 25 pounds as of about a month ago in a year. Now i'm doing anything to shake up things to get the rest of the weight off. I'm on the treadmill for 20 minutes per day doing a brisk walk (approx 2.8 - 3.0 mph) as still cold outside here in Canada.

http://thedukandiet.info/

I have found that drinking this Protein powder from powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.com is really helping me lose weight, it's the best tasting that I've found and it has 20 grams of Protein, only 180 calories and 1% fat with 8 oz of skim milk. (Of course I only drink 6 oz of milk.) fills me up, lasts long and really taste great!! And NO CARBS!! Unjury Protein Powder, I think someone said you can get it at Walmart now, but I get it on line.

I had surgery a little over a yr ago and have only lost 30 of the 80 lbs I was so thrilled I'd be getting rid of. I don't necessarily get full fast. Haven't ever had a throwing up issue,and find myself eating tid bits here and there. I have a large size band with currently 8 cc's. Is that alot? Is that too little? I do see the Dr today so will ask that question but I'm frustrated that I may be just having bad habits and am not paying attention to what I'm actually eating and why. I never thought it would drop off without effort but I'm starting to get discouraged that I'm not even half way after a yr. With the little I eat, even if it was (but not usually) not the best choice of food I could make, I should still be shedding the lbs. I've been walking but no hard core exercise. I am just frustrated and could use someone who's been where I am to give me a slap of reality check or suggestions. Either are welcome. Make it a great day!

I am in a similar dilema, but I know I'm responsible for the lag in weight loss. I had the lap band put in Feb 2008, lost the first 20 lbs FAST (less than 2 months)....then the other twenty took another year! then just when I start to feel and look good I get pregnant, after baby I was only 5 lbs less than what I was befor I had the lap band put in. I was so discouraged to be starting from square one and two kids to take care of (three if you count my hubby). Now the baby is a year old and i dropped 35 lbs but it has been so ssssllllloooooowwwwww. Sucess comes in small steps when I get my act together to actually watch what I eat and excercise. The lap band helps, but it cant do the work for you (or me).

The nutritionist I spoke to befor the surgery told me that the band is around my stomach, not my brain. Its up to me to "band" up my old habits and the unhealthy compulsions.

Best of luck...and remeber hips don't lie