Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it all worth it to you??

Absolutely no regrets at all!

I have had my band for 4 1/2 months and am down 64 lbs. I started out wearing a very tight 28 in pants and a 26/28 in tops...today, I wear a 20 in pants (I can button and zip an 18 but they are still a bit too tight) and an 18/20 in tops. I haven't had any complications, have only had 1 fill, and have only PBd once. Over all, I feel better than I have in 10 years!!!

I know I am scared too. I keep going back and forth in my mind about doing this for over 3 years. Finally made the decision to go through with it and am scheduled to be banded on May 2.

I keep reading about all the success stories and truly hope that I will be one too.

weight.png

it is scary. but i too am so excited to have this done. Im scared about "slippage" and complications. ive been reading that once you have a slippage, it will never be the same???

it is scary. but i too am so excited to have this done. Im scared about "slippage" and complications. ive been reading that once you have a slippage, it will never be the same???

Correct. Most people who slip are at a disadvantage when having their bands repositioned or replaced altogether as another slip is likely to occur. Slips are usually the result of excessive PBing due to having an overly tight band.

I wouldn't worry too much. Take it day by day; no need to worry yourself before you're even banded.

If it slips, the first thing they'll try is to completely un-fill you, and see if it works itself back to where it belongs. If that doesn't work, they'll go in and either take it out, or move it back where it belongs. There are widely varying ideas about the percentages of complications. I've heard 2% of all patients have complications, and I've heard 40%.

Do your research, and make your decision, and then make PEACE with your decision. :)

I was selfpay and think it was worth every cent. I just made the last payment this month! wooo hooo!

Keep in mind that the band works a little differently for everyone and you don't know how things will be until you are already banded. You can get an idea by hearing how it is for other bandsters, but your journey will be unique.

My experience has been pretty wonderful. I reached my sweet spot with my 2nd fill. I dropped 100 pounds in the first year with very little effort on my part. I have never counted calories or tracked anything. I do stay mindful of some things like getting Protein. I have not had to work at it.

I was wearing size 22/24, now I wear size 10.

The only things I experienced that would be considered 'bad' :

I did suffer from thinning hair (has grown back now).

There are some foods I can not tolerate from day one. (I don't miss them, they don't even sound good now)

I had refered phrenic nerve pain in my left shoulder for months. (gone now)

Life is good with the band :D

Thank you Hummingbird. I guess i like to hear all sides, just to be prepared. But i know i will just drive myself crazy with all my research. Thanks for sharing. i soooo appreciate it!

Definitely yes!! I'm down almost 60 lbs and I feel great! I would not trade one second of it for anything! I still have a way to go, but I am looking forward to looking and feeling better and better! I have a 4 year old son who I live for, and will live for as long as I can!

My mother and aunt both passed away from complications from diabetes, and I will not follow suit!