Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HEY EVERYONE, HOPE YOU GUYS ARE ALL WELL....SINCE YESTERDAY I HAVE BEEN HAVING SEVERE HEARTBURN, WITH A LITTLE DISCOMFORT FEELING IN THE CENTER OF MY CHEST INTO MY BACK. I SPOKE WITH THE DOCTOR YESTERDAY AND HE SAID IT SEEMS THE BAND IS TOO TIGHT SO WE NEED TO REMOVE SOME FILL. I HOPE ITS ONLY THAT BECAUSE I DON'T WANT IT TO BE A BAND SLIPPAGE. IF IT WERE A BAND SLIPPAGE, ID FEEL WORSE RIGHT? I DON'T VOMIT AND THERE IS NO PAIN WHEN EATING, OTHER THAN FEELING RESTRICITION. I AM NOT SURE IF ANYONE ELSE HAS FELT THE SAME FEELING SUCH AS HEARTBURN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I AM GOING TO MD LATER TODAY TO FIGURE THIS OUT, BUT JUST NERVOUS. :(

I just got banded Thursday and I have bad heartbearn! It so uncomfortable, I'm not sure why I am feeling this. Did you have that during your first week?

i honestly don't remember having heartburn when i first got banded, but i think it is from the surgery and the adjustment of the band being implanted. You can take antacids, which i know i lived on for weeks due to bad gas pains. i think that was my biggest complaint the gas pains and the shoulder pain. but suddenly i have bad heart burn and it won't go away and its making me nervous. i guess we will have a de-fill today and go from there. we shall see what the doctor says. i hope you feel better...but def take some mylanta or something.

Collister if your heartburn persists I would call the doc. About 10 days after I was banded I had really painful heartburn 3 days in a row in the evening nit sure why, I was about to call my doc but it never reoccured.

Sounds to me like yolu're too tight. That used to be one of my major signs taht I was too tight, and neededan unfill. Unfortunatly, since I experienced a slight slip, I have heartburn now. I take zantac right now, and keep tums on hand.

That's what the Dr said to me on the phone, that it could be that its too tight. But i was fine last week when i had it, and then a few days later i felt it a lil heartburn and thought it was because i forgot to take my meds, lol. Then yesterday it was all afternoon after having tuna salad. I was getting so nervous and he said it could be that its too tight. so we shall see in a lil while.

Good luck. It's tricky once youare that closeto good restriction. It also ends up that some people just have heartburn. WHih stinks. Hopefull you get it all cleared up :) It could be that you tightened up temporarily too from something-either your band didn't like something, TOM, or just plain stress, or dehydration. I know that all of those are big factors for me.

Ok, so I went to the MD office and saw the PA. She said she didnt want to remove any fills nor give me any fills. I was given Protonix for now and see how it goes along with eating mush for the next week. She said it could have been food that was sitting in the pouch for awhile that may have caused the heartburn. So lets hope the meds work and go from there. If i still feel this way come next Monday, they will want to do an endoscopy. So hopefully it will all be good!! thanks guys!! xo