Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP Pre diet recipes

I need help am on my pre diet before surgery. I start this tomorrow. I was told to eat no less then 60grams and no more then 90 grams of Protein. I calculated this meal I thought we work but the protien count was 130.... Please need some help!!!! ASAP

For starts cut that in half. Go on CalorieKing, and type in the foods you like. You will either get a serving size or 4 oz. or you can measure it at onces.

It keeps everything in Memory, and it will give you your Protein too.

This is a good start.

Thanks 54Shirley, I been posting here and I don't get much of replies. I know this questions been ask a billions times. I did try to see if anyone else asked this. I couldn't find one recent am also new to all this so am not sure if I was looking for it wrong...

thanks again for ur reply..I'm going to look up that web site.

Your Welcome, and enjoy the results.

Hello Lisa3,

Here is my diet ( I start it Tomarrow ) and use every day for the next 2 weeks;

* Daily food goals*

A. 4 Protein drinks such as Carnation Instant Breakfast, 0 sugar carbs added, mixed with 1% milk, Glucerna or High Protein Slimfast

B. 1 meal consisting of 4oz Lean protein and 2 cups Vegetables.

C. 2 servings of fruit per day.

Daily Fluid goals are:

64 or more ounces of calorie-free Fluid every day such as Water or fruit 2O

All food and fluit must be consumed. Use Fiber supplements as directed on package for Constipation. AND if you desire, you may include 2 additional Snacks per day of 1/2 cup diet Gelatin and/or sugar- free

popsicles.

Read all your food labels on other drinks to make sure they are calorie-free

FOOD SUBSITUTIONS

**Insteat of 1% milk ---- 1 cup fat free Yogurt Breyer's, Yoplait, Columbo ( all light ), Dannon Light 'n

**Vegetables------ 1 Tomato, 1 cup chopped vegetable mix including red and green bell peppers, cucumber, celery and onion, 1/2 cup chopped carrots, 1/2 cupsteamed broccoli,carrots or green Beans.

**Fruit---- 1 apple or orange, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup grapes, 1 cup melon, 1/2 cup canned pineapple in juice, 1 cup fresh pineapple, 1/2 cup packaged fruit in juice, or 1/2 cup uncweetened applesauce.

**4 Ounces cooked protein---- chicken, tuna packed in Water, drained, fish ( grilled, baked, broiled ), Cooked turkey breast, cooked pork tenderloin, OR 3 ounces of the following Proteins, lean beef ( loin or round ) or cooked lean ham.

2 teaspoons oil and vinegar for greens or 1 tablespoon regular salad dressing or 2 tablespoons light Salad Dressing.< /p>

I hope this helps with your confusion, My surgery is May 4th. My diet was given to me by my Surgeon, she is very good in here field and she is also a teaching Dr. at Harvard Medical School, her diet is going to make this pre-surgery diet a little better and easier to follow.GOOD LUCK and keep in touch!

Another site is caloriecounter.com

If you play around on it enough, you will find what looks good to you.

Also,,, I found one before that had restaurants on it. So look around.

Thanks Doreenviv, I will differently try this. I also going to cal Dr. Office to clear up some of my confusing....Thanks 54Shirley :)

Your welcome and good luck!

Thanks Doreenviv, I will differently try this. I also going to cal Dr. Office to clear up some of my confusing....Thanks 54Shirley :)

Here is a good salad for the Holiday.

I call it a HOLIDAY salad.< /p>

! Large can of crushed pineapple drained

2 small boxes of Jello Green or Red is nice for Easter (NO Water AT ALL)

1 large cottage cheese

12 oz. Cool Whip or off Brand.

Drain your pineapple first, leave it till time to add, and it will drain out just fine.

Pour the Jello in a bowel, and add the cool whip to it. Stir about5 minutes till totally dissolved.

Add the cottage cheese to it,

then stir in the pineapple.

Chill overnight, then serve.

Delicious !

You can cut this in half if you want, and it's not to high in calories.

It will keep 3 or 4 days.

Makes a excellent Pot Luck Dish too.

Shirley.