Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you hit your sweet spot?

I am going in for another fill this week. I have restriction, but I just don't feel like it is enough. I think I am right on the edge of my sweet spot. So my question is, for those of you who have hit your sweet spot, what exactly does it feel like? How much can you eat? What can you eat? What can you not eat? Once again, any input is appreciated!:help:

Hi Jessiebear-

I have definitely hit my sweetspot....Although I know what you are going through, in that your mind plays tricks on you and leaves you constantly asking "Am I there, or could I stand to have just a tinnnnnnny bit more of a fill." Of course everyone is different, but for me I all of the sudden could care less about food or eating at all after my last fill. I can eat anywhere from 1/4 cup of food in the am to sometimes 3/4 cup in the evening...of course things change depending on the day, and how my band decides she wants to treat me from meal to meal. I can still eat most everything, although I choose to stay away from bread most of the time because I don't like the way it makes me feel. I do still occasionally PB, but I have found it is more correlated with not WHAT I am eating, but HOW I eat it. For instance, if I fix something to eat and someone calls me on the phone, I tend to fall back on old habits of stuffing my face unconsciously, because I am not being consciously aware of my behaviors while I'm conversing. Then I end up having to abruptly end the conversation to PB. I have tried to get better about walking away from my plate if someone calls during a meal.

I think you will definitely know when you are there. My experience has been, if you still don't know if you are at your sweet spot yet, then you probably aren't. But as you know, steady on, but not to quickly. You'll get there. I also knew I was at my sweet spot, because after that last fill, I dropped several pounds quickly after the fill because my eating habits changed so dramatically (as far as amounts and my outlook on food).

That's my story anyway.....Good Luck in finding your spot on your next fill.

Best Wishes,

Robyn

I agree with Robyn. YOUR sweet spot is that level of restriction that makes YOU comfortable. You don't want to end every meal with pain, or with your band making you stop before you want to. Meals are over when you've had enough and are no longer hungry, and you are satisfied for three or four hours until the next one. A snack of something small--an ounce of cheese, a few nuts--is truly enough to tide you over until it's mealtime. (I find OFTEN that a snack like this between lunch and dinner actually ruins my dinner.)

Don't overthink it. Let your current level of restriction dictate your behaviour until it becomes second nature, see how your weight loss progresses and how your hunger is managed. There's always time for an adjustment down the road.

I agree wth above posters. If you dont really know you probably arent there. I kept asking the same questions but once I reached it, I knew.

Good Luck

thanks for your post and the great input. this has been on my mind for a while. i just had my first fill and feel no restriction. it is interesting, i hear you all talking about that "full" feeling stopping you from eating more. i do not have that at all. i have really had to work at eating less. what usually stops me is a pain in my chest area if i am eating too quickly...i stop then but am usually not what i would call "full"

i only have 1cc in a 5cc band...looking at your numbers, maybe i need a few more fills till i get there.....i know patience is a virture.... : )

best of luck jessie bear!!! thanks again for the post!

Thanks everyone! I think I am one of the less aggressive bandsters when it comes to fills. I always give it a few months to see what will happen. I lost 10 lbs after my last fill, which has been more than 3 months ago. But I have lost & gained this same 10 lbs. so much I am about to scream! This is what made me decide to try another fill. So thanks again!! I hope I do reach my sweet spot this time!!! I will let ya'll know in a couple of weeks!

:)

i just had my 3rd fill in 3 years, it has been a slow and steady pace for me. my first fill did nothing (1.5) my second fill one year later (1.8) did ok but it became very easy to eat more once the restriction loosened. my last fill last week (2.1) is the first true sweet spot i have every felt. i drink my Protein drink in the am, Protein Drink for lunch and muchies for dinner. i sip Water all day long. the only concern i have is that i get a little acid reflux at night, i've never had this before. i called my doctor and he said to give a few weeks since i don't pb at all.

i think i'm giving myself anxiety just because for the first time in 3 years i can actually eat so little and do not feel hungry at all. it does loosen up in the afternoon.

ana

dr kuri 1/25/03

first fill 1.5 5/03

2nd fil 1.8 4/04

3rd fill 2.1 1/11/06

242/193/150