Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

have surgery date..April 21st

That was very helpful info:)

Hi all!

I was banded on Friday 4/15 and I have to tell you compared to the way I thought this was going to be, it's been fairly easy to deal with pain wise. The mental part of it is still a little difficult but I'm sure as time goes on that well change. As far as being afraid of not waking up afterward, that was my BIGGEST fear and I can tell you now that I was afraid for nothing. You wake up and you wonder when they are going to start lol. For all of you that are going to go through it a few words of advice....

*They are going to tell you to take large breaths and let it out slowly, do it it works wonders.

*Gas pains come with the territory and it is normal. They last anywhere from 3-5 days. Mine are almost gone on day 3.

*Move, move, move. I can not stress this enough. Do not push yourself to hard but the more you move the easier time you are going to have.

*Take tiny sips, your stomach is going to swell and the gas is going to get trapped. If you drink to much to fast it could make you feel more pain or make you nauseous. Sometimes it helps to sit up straight and keep your hands above your head if you get that feeling.

If you have any questions or would just like to chat about whats going on add me as a friend and message me. Best of luck to all of you :)

~Pam

9:15am my journey begins Good Luck my fellow 21st bandsters :rolleyes:

Looks like tomorrow is your day. Good luck to your new life/

I am having my surgery Friday, April 22nd and I am scared to death! I'm scared of dying on the table. I'm scared of failing. I just had my last meal and start my 5 day liquid diet tomorrow (well today) and it's only 2am and I am already hungry. I know it's in my mind. I am really scared. I have a 6 year old son and I am so afraid I am not going to wake up from surgery and I don't want to leave him. But I have type 2 diabetes and I'm afraid if I don't do something I am going to die anyway.

OMG! I have the SAME exact fears-dying on the dam table! But- your odds of dying from your obesity is great. I am not sure how muc weight you have to lose but I know the excess weight I have is equal to carrying a 8 -9yr. old around all day (80+ lbs) that can't be good for the heart. You are getting healthy for your son! Think positive thoughts!

Good luck today!!!