Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Three Weeks Out and Counting

Hi there!

I am 12 days post op. I feel terrific. I also had a hiatal hernia repair when the band was taken care of. I saw my doctor last Thursday and he put me on mushies straight away. I see him again 5/30th to determine if I want a fill or not. He told me to ensure I was eating regular food for a good 2 weeks by then so they can guage how much restriction I have and how I am feeling. He also reminded me that because the amount of weight needed to come off of me (about 80 pounds) that I should expect it will come off slower than if I had to take of 150 or more. He said the closer you get to where you want the slower it comes off. He said I can reasonable expect a weight loss of about a pound per week. He also told me not everyone will need a fill, some people do just fine with the band itself. Everyone reacts differently to it and the things they tell us are averages. It does not necessarily mean these things will be the same for me.

My incisions are still a little sore and I still have some gas in my left shoulder, some times so excruciating I cannot move the arm, but that didnt start until midway last week. I am looking forward to an all solid diet. I figure in the next week or so I will still eating at least 1 meal that way and see how I am doing. So far the things I have eaten are just fine.

HEY,

So my names Laura im 19 and 3weeks post op. its going ok, so far. I live in NZ so im probibly a long way from most of you. im in my 2nd year at university, thats ok to (lots of assignments).

But im on mushies at the moment one more week then solid foods YAY.

so i just wanted to know whats going with people at this stage, im not in any discomfort anymore. im actually feeling pretty good im kinda feeling hungry all the time though well not all the time but once i eat its not long untill im hungry again. its strange.

ANYWAY i want to know whats up with other people.

well im 4 weeks today and my appt to see the doc was changed to next thursday cos he was sick today but its ok cos it means it gives me a bit more time to get used to solids. i also feel like i can eat way more then i should. how much can you guys eat in like 1/2 and hour? im trying to slow down it used to take me 10-15 min to eat maybe like a cup of mashed potato but im trying to stretch it out to 20-30 min. yea i need to lose around 55kg i think thats around like 100pounds or soming not to sure.in 6 weeks ive lost about 6kg not to sure what that is in pounds but i weigh 106kg atm. i did my measurement about an hour ago, in six weeks i've lost 7.5cm off my waist and 7.5cm of my thigh( i havent been measuring both just the left but i would assume they would be pretty similar). anyway i've lost some more off my arms, neck, calf, bust etc.. but i dont have them in front of me so cant remember. i never really had any gas pain after about the 3rd day and my incisions havent hurt really since about two weeks out which i think ive been lucky with. My surgeon puts a bit of Fluid in the band when he puts in so i alredy have some in but i think i need a fill so i'll get my first fill next thursday.

Hey! I'm 13 days post op and I feel great! I'm supposed to be on full liquids but yesterday I slipped up and ate A LOT of regular food...( chicken flautas rice Beans sour cream and hit sauce) I felt terrible mentally but physically everything went down and I still felt fine. I have my post op appt tomorrow so I will see what's up! Keep up the good work and good luck with your weight loss!

I am 16 days post op and have been able to eat regular food, I also had chicken tacos with rice and a little bit of peach cobbler but that was all I had all day along with my morning Protein Shake. I got stuck a little when I first started eating and had some sliming but it was fine after that. Like you said mostly emotional guilt.