Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Son of a Gun, Think I'm Too Tight!!!

Well, just a couple months ago I was on this forum beyoching because my doctor will only fill about a cc at a time. So I had my 2nd fill for total now of 2.6 cc--and sure as sh*t, I think I'm a tad too full!!! I've actually GAINED 2 pounds since my 2nd fill and I'm pretty sure it's because I'm gravitating to foods that are easier to get down now, as chicken and Protein get stuck almost every time now or cause a sharp pain. What can I say? -- Foot in mouth. Maybe I can eat THAT without getting stuck! LOL..

Congrats on your early recognition of a potentially serious situation...even 0.15 or 0.25 ml adjustment/ defill could make a mega difference. Slider food is so easy to get fond of!!!

Good luck, Mimi

I'm also questioning if I'm too full or not. I felt pretty good (most days) with 4 cc's in my band. Then my last visit, about 2.5 weeks ago, she added .8 cc's. The first few days were liquids so I didn't notice too much, except that smaller amounts of Protein shakes were good. But eggs and FISH (of all things!) caused a problem a few days in. Then everything felt fine and I thought I was good. Then comes mother nature and I think i'm tighter now because of my period. So I'm waiting a bit to see if I have any more issues. If I have anymore episodes of food not staying down or going down period I'll be back in to get .3-.4 cc's taken out. It's a thin line and unfortunately I'm pretty new and am still unsure.

Good luck with your unfill. I hope that leaves you where you need to be! :rolleyes:

Sounds like you are tight. I would call your doc. and talk about how your doing and what should happen next in terms of an unfill.

Mattie (and others who are struggling with this), try drinking a cup of hot tea or coffee right before you have your meal. Sometimes a warm drink will loosen the band enough so that you can eat. I had too much fill about this time last year and hot tea got me through until I could get in to the Doc. I had a .2 unfill and that fixed me.

Isn't it ridiculous the types of foods that go down so easily!?

Since my second fill I'm just a tad bit tight. It doesn't impact me drinking fluids at all - but I cannot drink with meals because I will vomit. I can't eat in the morning, usually not until noon or 2 PM, then I can eat about 1/4-1/2 c of real food. No more Pasta, rice, or bread. And yet things like Cheetos and popcorn go down without a problem.

I'm very conscious about what I eat now. I am at a point where I don't eat for pleasure. I eat when I'm hungry or when I notice my blood sugar dipping. That's it.

I no longer buy crap at the store (other than the odd bag of Cheetos), I don't look at Milk Duds as a possible food because I know I'll get stuck. I don't look at normal portions as desirable, a few table spoons is more than sufficient.

I even look forward to my Protein drink for Breakfast.

i too was too tight for 6 weeks... Dont wait to get an unfill no reason to live in that misery.

This is EXACTLY what's going on with me as well. I will undoubtedly puke if I drink while eating and can't eat at certain times!! Today I ate very little and it does concern me because I don't want to slow metabolism by not being able to eat until later in the day (except coffee). But, I'm going to give it a few weeks before I rush and call for an un-fill. It could just be a learning curve on my part, now that following the rules have become pretty important :)

Isn't it ridiculous the types of foods that go down so easily!?

Since my second fill I'm just a tad bit tight. It doesn't impact me drinking fluids at all - but I cannot drink with meals because I will vomit. I can't eat in the morning, usually not until noon or 2 PM, then I can eat about 1/4-1/2 c of real food. No more Pasta, rice, or bread. And yet things like Cheetos and popcorn go down without a problem.

I'm very conscious about what I eat now. I am at a point where I don't eat for pleasure. I eat when I'm hungry or when I notice my blood sugar dipping. That's it.

I no longer buy crap at the store (other than the odd bag of Cheetos), I don't look at Milk Duds as a possible food because I know I'll get stuck. I don't look at normal portions as desirable, a few table spoons is more than sufficient.

I even look forward to my Protein drink for Breakfast.< /p>