Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Living with/conyinued weight loss with slippage

I recently found out I have slippage. One doctor suggests waiting 6 wks to see if it corrects itself and if not, having it surgically repaired or removed. Another doctor suggests he can work with me to reach my weight loss goal with the slip. Does anyone have experience with this? I'd love to hear all about it.

Does anyone live and continue with a slippage, losing or maintaining?

Please help!!! I am tying to decide what to do.

I recently found out I have slippage. One doctor suggests waiting 6 wks to see if it corrects itself and if not, having it surgically repaired or removed. Another doctor suggests he can work with me to reach my weight loss goal with the slip. Does anyone have experience with this? I'd love to hear all about it.

Does anyone live and continue with a slippage, losing or maintaining?

Please help!!! I am tying to decide what to do.

I had a slip January 2010, the doctor did an unfill for three months and then started to fill back slowly. While unfilled I went from 150 to 180. I struggled for 1 whole year trying to loose the weight and it never came back off, all I did was maintain. Then in January 2011 I find out my band slipped again. Once it slips once it is likely it will slip again. Now, I am having it removed and going with the sleeve. I got a surgery date for that today. I am sad to loose my band as I feel like going from 285 to 135 in two years was a huge success. However, not loosing any weight in 1 year despite diet and exercise is just not okay with me. I know everyone has a diffrent take on it, but this is mine. Good luck to you!

If I understand you right one of the doctors wants to keep you filled with a slip? And work with you? If that is correct, RUN in the other direction unless he can scientifically prove you will be OK in the long term....slips often result in worse complications from what I have been reading for the past 3 years and experiencing for the past year. Please let us know what you decide to do....I went for the unfill and revision.

Best wishes, Mimi

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches