Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A little information Requested

Hello, I'm newly banded March 8th and I don't think I have any fill. My 1st appointment for my fill is April 20th. So far so good. I lost 15 lbs for now. I got a stuck period once and did not appreciate. This past tuesday for dinner, I had about 1 cup of elbow Pasta with ground beef and Tomato sauce. That was my last solid food meal. The following morning, I couldn't eat still to full, for lunch, I had a Boost (protein shake) and no dinner. Thursday, no Breakfast, no lunch but for dinner I more or less forced my self to eat a grill cheese sandwich but I couldn't finish it.

I was getting scared that I had streched my new pouch. This friday, I tried to have breakfast. A greek yogourt with 1/2 cup of Cereal but didn't want to go down. I tried to eat lunch couldn't. And then it started. I started to feel sick so I had a 7up but I removed the gas from it. But it didn't work. I was sick (both ends sorry for the details).

Today, I feel ok but everytime I eat or drink, I feel like there's a pouch of air that needs to come up when I swallow. Is it normal?

My side, where my band is, is tender. Is il normal?

Any body can give me info?

give your doc a call on Monday. Your stomach might be irritated / swollen from the bow tie meal. Try drinking something warm like peppermint tea to see if it will settle, go back to your Protein Shakes for a day or two to see if that buys you some time for your stomach to settle down. You might want to try a warm heating pad for a small period of time also. Good luck

I agree. Definitely call you doctor on Monday if by then you still have no relief. I would also go back to a liquid diet, and not try any solids. By then, if it is just swelling, things should be feeling better.

Warm tea (ginger tea is also good), warm Water with lemon (sounds awful, but it's actually pretty good) are both soothing to the band.

In the future, you might want to avoid Pasta.. Not only is it a food that many bandsters have problems with (getting stuck, etc.) it's also one of the "white carbs" that just isn't very conducive to weight loss. These foods tend to spike our blood sugar, which makes us feel good for a little while, but then when our blood sugar drops, we get hungry again sooner.

Do call your doc on Monday. If you get to the point where you can't keep any liquids down, don't wait till Monday. Call immediately. They will have someone on call.