Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tanning (in a salon) with the band?

So I recently started tanning at a tanning salon ( I know it's really bad for my skin, but in an effort to restore some self esteem I figured being tanner might help) Anyways while I was tanning tonight I randomly wondered if there is any way it could effect my band!? Probably a silly question but I have never seen it discussed on here....Anyone have any idea??? thanks :)

So I recently started tanning at a tanning salon ( I know it's really bad for my skin, but in an effort to restore some self esteem I figured being tanner might help) Anyways while I was tanning tonight I randomly wondered if there is any way it could effect my band!? Probably a silly question but I have never seen it discussed on here....Anyone have any idea??? thanks :)

have no idea if effects the band (nothing i've noticed), i've always been using the tanning bed, was in there a few weeks after getting the band last year.:rolleyes:

You might want to cover up your surgical scars.....they might be impacted by the process.

As far as any other impact upon the band, there really should be no problem.

Now, with regard to tanning helping out your self esteem, I think a really good dose of Skin Cancer will work miracles in making you feel more like a complete person. Yep, I sure do.

Isn't it wonderful how we are able to make really great decisions for ourselves (losing weight) and then be able to turn and around and make really stupid ones? (subjecting ouselves to rays that are PROVEN to cause skin cancer) all for the sake of having someone else see us and think we are "better" because we have a burned organ hanging from our bones?

Also, there is the added benefit of having, later in life, drier and prematurely wrinkled skin because of the tanning. That should be even BETTER for your self esteem.

Jeez.

S.

(ps:....you're smarter than that...stay away from those tanning booths.)

Seriously how old are you!? Does it make you feel better to be a bitch when answering my question? I'm perfectly fine with an answer even if it's not one I want, but the sarcasm really isn't necessary.

Wow Spartan......even if you don't agree with something doesn't meen you have to be a piece of sh@t to them! I dont tan but would never jump on someone seekinh help like this innocent person. People come here for support and are searching for help! With an attitude like you have maybe it's YOU that needs to spend a little less time posting and a little more time researching etiquette and sensitivity...you DO REALIZE taking care of the outside is one thing but being mean and hurtfull and spiteful makes you emotionally "cancerous" and those emotions eat and eat at your conscious till they consume you just like the "physical" cancer you are so quick to preach about...........PS...YOU'RE SMARTER THAN THAT...CONSIDER FEELINGS WHILE YOU OFFER "ADVICE"...

Apparently Spartan only posts his opinion if he thinks what you are doing is stupid. If you post about tanning he always comes up with something rude to say.

Pay no mind to the idiot in the room.