Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So recently I've been pretty hard on myself. My weight loss has been very slow over the last few months (mainly because I don't have much restriction and I'm not doing enough exercise).

I live and work in Seoul, South Korea and Koreans don't really recognise changes even if those changes are pretty drastic. So I haven't had many people compliment me. That was up until this week that is. This week I've had seven different people compliment me about my weight loss. Saying I look so slim and asking how I've done it. It's such a great feeling and has really motivated me to keep going until my goal.

In addition to this I've met and fallen for a great man. It's early days but I never though I would meet someone like him. He's very special and we have so much fun when we are together. He makes me smile a lot. Before my surgery I always dreamed of meeting a man like him. It also helps that he's really healthy and fit so we get out and do active stuff at the weekend like mountain climbing, hiking and biking. He also cooks me amazing, healthy meals (and I secretly think he loves it that I give him half my food!). I'd say that this is my biggest NSV!

Life is good and I'm happy.

Here I am at 215lbs on the right.

med_gallery_293440_6836_102300.jpg

And down to 160!

gallery_293440_6837_14685.jpg

gallery_293440_6837_8794.jpg

So recently I've been pretty hard on myself. My weight loss has been very slow over the last few months (mainly because I don't have much restriction and I'm not doing enough exercise).

I live and work in Seoul, South Korea and Koreans don't really recognise changes even if those changes are pretty drastic. So I haven't had many people compliment me. That was up until this week that is. This week I've had seven different people compliment me about my weight loss. Saying I look so slim and asking how I've done it. It's such a great feeling and has really motivated me to keep going until my goal.

In addition to this I've met and fallen for a great man. It's early days but I never though I would meet someone like him. He's very special and we have so much fun when we are together. He makes me smile a lot. Before my surgery I always dreamed of meeting a man like him. It also helps that he's really healthy and fit so we get out and do active stuff at the weekend like mountain climbing, hiking and biking. He also cooks me amazing, healthy meals (and I secretly think he loves it that I give him half my food!). I'd say that this is my biggest NSV!

Life is good and I'm happy.

Here I am at 215lbs on the right.

med_gallery_293440_6836_102300.jpg

And down to 160!

gallery_293440_6837_14685.jpg

gallery_293440_6837_8794.jpg

Wow! I must say, I wouldn't have known that you are the same woman. You look great. That is so cute that your man likes to share your dinner with you. Does he know about your WLS? I hope that this is the start of something good for you. Congrats, again! Karen

You look amazing! You should be very proud of what you have accomplished! You have have done a great job!

Good luck everyone!

WoW! You look amazing! The happiness really shines through. Slow weight loss sucks (I know) but you should be very proud of what you have accomplished. Congrats on the healthy change and new man ;)

You're adorable.

Congratulations on the comments-- it's weird how there seems to be some critical point at which everyone comes out of the woodwork to comment on your weight loss. I remember in the beginning, when I'd lost 40-60 lbs, people were most likely to ask me if I had done something different with my hair! Lol :) Not unless my hair was losing weight too. But then in the same week I suddenly got several weight-related comments. The whole process is bizarre.

Yay for your accomplishments-- and enjoy the comments and the new relationship!