Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How bad would you say drinking a few glasses of wine on your postop full liquid diet be? I had my surgery 3-31, I'm on full liquids and had a few glasses of shite zinn. It went down fine and I feel fine today, but will it affect how my stomach heals etc?

How bad would you say drinking a few glasses of wine on your postop full liquid diet be? I had my surgery 3-31, I'm on full liquids and had a few glasses of shite zinn. It went down fine and I feel fine today, but will it affect how my stomach heals etc?

I'm not sure how alcohol affects healing, but I woulld leave it alone for now. You should stick to your post op diet. That time will pass very quickly and you will have plenty of time to drink wine in the later months.

You also need to remember that alcohol has a lot of empty calories. I'm not saying to never drink again cuz lord knows I like to have some cocktails :lol:. Just be careful on how often and how much you drink. Drinking also makes me feel tight and swollen.

Good Luck!!

Too funny! I had the same question! I was banded 2/28 and I asked my nutritionist that question and she said the main reason for no alcohol in the beginning is due to empty calories. Also when people drink they tend to snack. She said a glass of wine occasionally would not kill me but to watch drinking calories. Good thing for me is I only drink vodka an Water with lime so it's only 64 calories per oz of vodka. I just wanted to make sure it was not physically harmful to have alcohol, and to answer that question....no! Bottoms up...carefully, lol!

I would wait till you are back on solids, then it's fine :) I mean I can't imagine it would feel good if you aren't eating at all.

But remember, alcohol has a ton of calories.. so try to limit it to special occasions.

I had wine the week after surgery, a few glasses - no problem, no discomfort - just tasted good.:tgif: I hope I didn't do any damage.

never ever try to eat something after drinking wine. Just saying LOL.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches