Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded today! - ouch

Banded today (1/12)! You all are some tough little girls and boys out there! The gas - ugh - is finally going away some! The port site and incisions are no longer deadened like when I got home - see I thought oh, once I get over this gas it'll be all good! Now, I have feeling in my tummy and it's sore! DH is helping me get up and down and I've gone on 3 or 4 walks to the end of the street and back. Then my big butt's back on the sofa with the liquid hydrocodone close by! I have to go back to work on Monday - so I hope I feel better than this soon! All things considered, not too bad overall though, and I'm very excited. I'm proud to join you as an official bandster! For anyone going to Dr. B or the Surgery Center of Richardson, I can't say enough about how nice they were there! You guys have a good night and thanks for the pre-op thoughts!

:couch2:Kim :sick

Kim, warm broth and milkshakes....they did the trick for MsJoy. By Monday you should be feeling somewhat more chipper. Congratulations on your band!

Kim, it is very important to try and move as much as you can to get rid of the gas. I was even told to rock in the recliner....that also helped a bunch. GasEx helped a little, but just to let you know I had gas pains for up to two weeks after, but they got less painful each day and then they just stopped. So, don't freak out if your still having pains two weeks later. I had my surgery on a Wednesday, drove to Walmart and shopped by Saturday and went back to work on Monday. I felt sore and bruised, but getting out and moving really helped. Good Luck, you'll do great. It's been three months for me and I have lost 50 and fixing to go for my third fill. Learning how to cook for a banster has been a challenge, but a fun challenge.

Congrats Kim! If you are ALREADY posting, then you are doing very well...For me, also, the gas was the worst part. I've heard gas X, heating pads, walking. Do it all and see what works. Take it easy until!! Shawn

Kim, I suggest burping and farting a lot. *laughs* ow ow *evil grin*

Seriously though, if I had to face going to work on Monday morning I'd be in a panic. I see these folks that went shopping within three days and I think "What a wus I am!" But DeLara's words keep rining in my ears. Everyone's different.

My doc told me to try Milk of Magnesia, which I got today and will try tonight. On top of the gas pains, I haven't had a bowel movement since the day before surgery. I'm thinking Constipation will be worse than gas. *chews nails* (not a pretty subject, but all's fair here right?)

Speaking of "touchy" subjects, my husband says that since the women on here talk about their sagging boobs (kneepads someone called them) and other more personal things, he wondered if the men talked about equally private nsv. *laughs* I won't go into details. I'm in a "mood" and need to behave myself. *laughs more*

Anyway, many grats Kim! *links arms with you and Kennedy927* Here we go.. and! Did you see that? Candice has lost 50 pounds in three months! WooHoo! I'm so excited! Hmm.. I wonder if she's doing so well because she loves to shop? Maybe Walmart has some benifits afterall? hehe

Ah, yes, better living thru pharmacuticals. LOL Just kiddin', Susan. IMHO what this world needs more of is people with a lightness in their step and laughter on their lips. Thank you for improving my day.

ok - you guys are making me laugh :-) ouch again! needed that though! I'm glad you're sharing your big brown bottle - mine's almost gone... speaking of wusses! ok - so we're off and running - 50 pounds in 3 months? go Candace! To do that I'd have to lop off one of these big sagging... TMI :-). Anyway, feeling more human today - still have the gas though and port incision / right below it is REALLY tender. My stomach is so distended I think one of those thing from Alien may jump out at any moment. Took off the bandaids to reveal the lovely looking cuts... plus the big bump where the port is. Prrrreeeetttttyyyyy.... goes great with the big ol stretch marks though! Hugs to you all! Thanks for the laughter!

Kim