Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OT: Hair Cut

TrishS

Okay tomorrow I am thinking of getting a hair Cut... I know when I need one when I can put my hair in a bun with no problems.. To long, if it is to long I will keep it in a bun... and if scrunch up my shorts and stand bowlegged I look like a Sumo Wrestler LOL what A sight I know... I even dance like one in the mirror and grunt at times LOL

Anyway If I get my hair cut tomorrow (Friday) I will put my Avatar back up.. maybe... if my hubby takes a good picture... HAHAHA its so riding on him!!! LOL

I have actually thought of that... but I dont know if my hair is really that long to donate... I am just cutting about 2-3 inches off... I dont think that is enough... I have a friend who does that every 2 years.. she grows her out really long then chops it off for Locks of Love.. I think that is the sweetest thing ever...

Gosh, I woudnt wish my hair on anyone, its truly dreadful. If I dontated it the unlucky recipient would be after me with a machete!

I was going to get a cut and colour when I got to 90kg but I figure I do it regularly anway and had one last week. I had some layers cut into my hair, got sick of the long and straight. It looked fantastic then of course after I washed and blow dried it myself a day or two later it looked more like a giant ball of fluffy cotton wool on my head.

I've got the technique down now to straighten it out so it's smooth and silky but it takes me about half an hour to do it and requires a hot blow dryer and a straightening Iron too.

So now, 90kg, my goals is to get the new bio-ionic hair straightening.

A new hairstyle really gives you a lift, I hope you were thrilled with it.

HA guess what..... I didnt do it LOL Maybe tomorrow.. I really want to get it cut! I just got to get the nerve...

Don't cut it all off at once, just start up to the shoulders and then go from there. You don't have to do it all at once, besides it's your choice.

Pat is right - especially if your not ready for a new thing.

Every time I make a hair cut appointment, my hair seems to become managable and actually start looking good again. Makes me second guess myself about getting it cut.

crazy, I know.

I grow mine out every few years and just as it is getting long enough for a pony tail, I cut it all off. I am letting it grow out again. Maybe with my thinner face I will like it better long? ~Mandy

thats how I am Mandy... I grow mine out until it raps up in a bun.. which my whole family hates.. so I cut it off... the thing is it grows so fast...

Maybe I will get the nerve tomorrow... LOL

I went from hair that was all one length and went to my belly button when wet (it's curly, so a few inches shorter when dry), to hair that falls just above the back of my collar. It's amazing how your head springs forwrd - I never realized how heavy my hair was.

If you go fo rsomething significantly shorter, watch out for these things:

* You will use much less shampoo/conditioner/anything. I would automatically go for the standsrd 4 - 5 pumps of Shampoo, and realize I had no where to put it other than down the drain.

* You will need to re-learn how to comb your hair. For years, I would take my hair out of the towel, fling it over my shoulder, and start combing from ends up. I went to fling my hair over my shoulder and there was nothing to fling. Felt really akward.

* Stare at your hair for an hour before you leave home - that way, you won't have to narrowly avoid wrecks b/c you're staring at its new weirdness in the rearview mirror while going down the street.

* Prep SO, if you have one. I didn't prep DH and he was quite (unhappily) surprised.