Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need advice, just lost my band!

i got my band June 5th of 09..and i had to have it removed 2 weeks ago beacuse it was eating though my stomach. I have lost 150 pounds but now i have no idea what to do. I feel like i lost a freind. What do i do now? is how I am feeling normal? i was not ready to be bandless.

natasha

I recently almost lost my band...it was a nightmare and I gained over 20 pounds in the following few weeks and if truth befaced I probably gained closer to 30. I felt out of control and didn't want to be big again....I have my band back and functioning and am struggling to lose what I gained....my Surgeon told me if my band slips again I will lose it.

You are in a difficult position and I don't understand why you are not getting aftercare help...what about seeing the nutritionist?

I feel your pain and wish you well. I don't suppose you have been journaling your food and exercise?

Mimi

I recently almost lost my band...it was a nightmare and I gained over 20 pounds in the following few weeks and if truth befaced I probably gained closer to 30. I felt out of control and didn't want to be big again....I have my band back and functioning and am struggling to lose what I gained....my Surgeon told me if my band slips again I will lose it.

You are in a difficult position and I don't understand why you are not getting aftercare help...what about seeing the nutritionist?

I feel your pain and wish you well. I don't suppose you have been journaling your food and exercise?

Mimi

Hello..it only been 2 weeks and I still have sticthes in..as soon as they r gone i will be working out for sure. My Husband is in the USMC so I got the band in NC but now we r stationed in VA. I have been driving back and forth to NC for care. I was hoping for help from my doctor but I am only his 2nd patient that had to have thier band removed, so he dose not have anything in place as far as a team for people like me. The band cause a very bad infection in my liver and kidneys. I was in the hospital for 5 days, with a tube up my nose down into my tummy, so healing has been real slow. I just feel so bad now i dont have the band. I have lost 150 pounds and the idea of being fat again scare me so. I was hopeing that someone has been thought this so they can give me some ideas. I called my doctor today and i am hopeing to get into a support group.

Hello..it only been 2 weeks and I still have sticthes in..as soon as they r gone i will be working out for sure. My Husband is in the USMC so I got the band in NC but now we r stationed in VA. I have been driving back and forth to NC for care. I was hoping for help from my doctor but I am only his 2nd patient that had to have thier band removed, so he dose not have anything in place as far as a team for people like me. The band cause a very bad infection in my liver and kidneys. I was in the hospital for 5 days, with a tube up my nose down into my tummy, so healing has been real slow. I just feel so bad now i dont have the band. I have lost 150 pounds and the idea of being fat again scare me so. I was hopeing that someone has been thought this so they can give me some ideas. I called my doctor today and i am hopeing to get into a support group.

i think that regardless of the weight loss you will most likely hav ethe fat syndrome in your head.I know that i do.i have gone from a size 20/22 2to a 8/10.i dont see what other people see, I see the back of a hippopotamus ass when i look in the mirror.today i have on a pair of size 8 cordiroy pants a medium tshirt with a long sleeve shirt underneath and still feel super fat.sometimes when I go by a long mirror i ask myself if that is me.yet i am still not happy with me.when i reach my goal i will be in a by a WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY MODE to keep the weight off. I PROMISE YOU THAT.I THINK THAT MOST PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN THROUGH WHAT WE HAVE WILL DO THE SAME THING.!!!!I i HAD TO HAVE MY Fluid REMOVED 3 WEEKS AGO DUE TOO TILTING.BUT AM DETERMINED NOT TO GAIN ALL THAT WEIGHT.I HAVE FINALLY REALIZED THAT I AM ADDICTED TOO FOOOD!!!! ONLY YOU PERSONALLY HAVE GONE ON YOUR JOURNEY WITH YOUR BODY.SOOOO WHAT YOU GON DOOO?YOU HAVE LOST 150LBS.SO GET RID OF THE BAND WITH ALL THESE PROBLEMS,EMBRACE THE WEIGHT LOSS,THANK GOD ALMIGHTY!! NOW TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE.WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH FROM NOW ON ONLY YOU CAN CONTROL.WITH THE WAY THE WORLD THAT IS THE ONLY THING IN THE WORLD THAT YOU CAN CONTROL.

Weather you realize it or not the band did not do all the work for you and you are 90% responsible for you weight loss the band only does about 10%. Just eat like you still had the band. It is a lifetime learned behavior. Dont go back to your old eating habits and you shouldnt have an issue. I would be thankful to get that out instead of having other issues from food leaking out of my stomach. You can maintain. We all have that inner will power you just have to make it work more for you now.

i got my band June 5th of 09..and i had to have it removed 2 weeks ago beacuse it was eating though my stomach. I have lost 150 pounds but now i have no idea what to do. I feel like i lost a freind. What do i do now? is how I am feeling normal? i was not ready to be bandless.

natasha

Hi I am curious I had my band put in since 2007 I only lost 40 lbs I feel like I am doing something wrong, My husband wants me to remove it but I am too scared.

Can you please let me know how it;s going with you.

I hope you are doing better. I have a question did you costently have naging pain on your left side and a bad order in the urine. I am trying to explain it to my Doctor but I feel he gives me the brush off. I have the band since 2007.with out much success. about 40 pounds off loss,

Like to hear from you , Kiffisia

I had to go the ER after 5 days of not eating or drinking and months after being confirmed with a slippage. I am freaking about it too. I want it back! Has anyone ever got insurance to pay for another procedure? I am super frustrated, no one seems to understand!

Did the same doctor put in the second one too? How hard was it to get insurance to cover a second procedure? I had my band for two years then it slipped I I have been struggling to get the revision surgery covered. I need to upgrade my insurance in August. I want it back so badly!

How do you get the ticker on your profile - I went to tickerfactory and created one bit do not know where I put it on my profile

HI, You are completely feeling normal. I lost mine 2 weeks ago, after 4 years. I don't know what to do.... I don't ever want to go back to where I was. Most people will say just do what you were doing........ that's easy to say. Now that everything fits......... and over the past 2 weeks I have being eating so much... it is all in my mind but that how I got fat in the first place. I start a diet and my mind tells me the less food I have the more I eat. Please if anyone gives you some good answers, please share with me.

Thanks and good luck........... we both will need it.

Heather