Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

fill help

i have a french lapband called bioring and it is really only used in europe and i have just been told by doctor gonzalas in winstom-salem he won't fill me as he has had no training with that band, i am so dissapoited you would not believe as up to now he is the only lap-band doctor near to me here in fayetteville nc that fills patients from other doctors, i had my lapband done in belguim and to get my fill done there is not possible. oh my god where now i have been a year now without a fill and just so depressed about being in limbo. i am in tears right now feeling very sad

I think the board was down earlier today? ... or at least I couldn't get to it.

Have you tried calling the company that makes your band? Maybe they can help you find someone here in the states?

i went on the website about the band and it just refers to it being in belguim and a piture nothing about doctors or anything !!

Cousin BioTech - I don't know how to dial internationally, but their phone number is 33 (0) 3 20 14 40 00.

God Bless, good luck, and let us know what you find out :confused:

i called dr.roc in concord and told them my situation and i have a consult with the doctor late febuary does any one have the same doctor i would love to know what he is like. i told them that i am self pay and the consult will cost 200 dollors so i hope he will fill me, i am excited to know i am at least being seen, i seem to just get door after door put in my face when i mention this band, i know the problem is that this band i have is not yet f.d.a. approved and that all the doctors are scared if anything goes wrong i will sue but at this point, the only other alternative is to go to europe just for a fill is just not affordable for me and so frustrating.

Most MX docs are trained to fill all bands..I met a woman in my Dr.'s office who had a similar experience, she went to Brazil and realized once she was home no Dr. in the US knew anything about her kind of band so she now goes to MX for her fills.

i called dr.roc in concord and told them my situation and i have a consult with the doctor late febuary does any one have the same doctor i would love to know what he is like. i told them that i am self pay and the consult will cost 200 dollors so i hope he will fill me, i am excited to know i am at least being seen, i seem to just get door after door put in my face when i mention this band, i know the problem is that this band i have is not yet f.d.a. approved and that all the doctors are scared if anything goes wrong i will sue but at this point, the only other alternative is to go to europe just for a fill is just not affordable for me and so frustrating.

Dr Roc Bauman in Concord is the band doc for several of the girls here. He's also doing Jennifer's RNY. Great doc.

HOWEVER! You might want to save your money on the $200 consult fee unless you know for sure he CAN and WILL do your fill. Your band is not FDA approved in the US, so he may not touch it. Just make SURE, because it sounds like it's possible the person who scheduled your consultation may not know for sure? Plus, if Bauman wants to use flouro, he will need to schedule with the hospital which needs to be done in advance. In other words, do what it takes to only make the drive once. I'd hate to see you pay for the consult, drive all that way, sit in his office for 30 min and find out he isn't able to help you. And even if he is...you have to drive BACK a week or two later for the actual fill. I guess what I'm saying is, just because you have a consult, doesn't mean you'll get a fill. You have dealt with enough frustration and dissappointment. I guess I just want to be sure this isn't somethng that will add to it.

What did the person at Bauman's office say?

My next advice was La Madam's. For SURE there is a MX doc who can do your fill. It's a heck of alot shorter flight than Belgium. Start with Ortiz or Kuri. They are both good docs, both in Tiajuana, which is right at the border, just fly into San Diego.

Okay, keep us posted.

With what Kathy was saying. He will collect your $200.00 and she is right you will have to come back. He only does fills under fluro at the hospital which I think will cost you another 200 or 250 up front. How much are tickets to MX now? You could really get it done cheapier down there.

I don't want you to get your heart broken again...you have been through so much. I would maybe call Dr. B's nurse and talk to her about before you go. Your time and money are important to you and Iwould hate for you to have to drive all this way for nothing.

But on the other hand...I live in Concord and if you come we could arrange a quick lunch or something...we could probably get a few of the others to meet us.

Hang in there girl...we are here to help you anyway we can.

thanks for your replys and yes i did stress the journey time ect, she said to me that he very rarely turns anyone away and i asked that if i could have the fill after if he said yes and she said she didn't know if he would do it that day do you think i should call again and have him make an appoitment just incase ? i said i would come back if need be but yes it is a long drive but i am willing to do it because one tank of gas is alot less than a flight but it would be alot better to get it done in one trip. i don't know what to do really i think i was so pleased not to be told a straight no and from what i have seen on the web he is one of the most trained around here !! i just don't want to be an exsperiment , i got told that some hospitals do fill to practice for non f.d.a. approved bands but if they messed up and made a hole in my port i would flip. i don't think they wanted to say over the phone that they would do it as it is not f.d.a. approved but i got the inpression they would !! what do you think ,is he a really understanding person who will have a heart ??

Sherry, I'd really do some researching before puttting all your eggs in Bauman's basket. Go to www.beliteweight.com and see if Kuri has any experience with your band. And try www.obesitycontrolcenter.com for Dr Ortiz. You need to find out what your fill issues are...special needles? etc. At the very least, you will know better what to ask Dr Bauman, and get a better idea about whether or not he can fill you.

Before I went to MX for banding, I called Bauman's office about getting local aftercare...check-ups, fills, etc. and I got a wishy-washy "he may not be doing fills for patients other than his" which translates to "Mexican Bandsters" so I moved right along to Dr G., who had no issues at all with filling me. I'm thinking, if Dr G, WOULD fill you, but CAN'T, why would Bauman be able to? The best scenario is that Bauman is somehow familiar with your band and doesn't mind giving it a shot. I just don't know! And I just don't want you dissappointed, and out $200.

See what you find out from the two MX docs. They are both reputable, good docs. Go get 'em! And keep us posted.

i am looking in kuri right now , i also looked into flights there and there not bad and hey i know my hubby and i could do with a nice little stay in a hotel without the kids :) . i will get back to you , i think your right and i will check them out i just don't think i can take anymore dissapoitment with this band i am half tempted to get a bloody needle and do it myself ha ha (only kidding)

Dr. Bauman did my Lap-Band surgery, and for what it's worth, I really like him. I researched forever before getting banded, like everyone, and he came highly recommended by his patients and other doctors. He did my second fill in his office, not with flouro. I know you have special circumstances, so I don't know if he will be able to help you or if you'll even want him to, but I did want you to know that he will do fills without flouro when he can.:)

well after hours of being on this computer and on the phone i think i have found an answer. i tryed all day to try to talk to someone from dr.kuri office and no luck so i phoned dr.ortiz and i spoke to his lady in charge and she said that it was no problem that he would definatley fill me i could have cryed !. i know it means a flight to San Diego but this is a definate yes... i have been on a high all day and can't wait to tell my hubby when he calls tonight. so now i need to know anything about this doctor anyone out there who;s heard good or bad about him ?? i looked at his web page and some details it all looks good and not far from the airport and he's only 150 a fill , best quote yet , no consult fee . well i will be on probably all night trying to find out more but i am happy for now i haven't been told no . man this lapband has been murder to get filled i hope i am on the right road.

to the best of me , your the bomb girl , you have been the best help and i thank you so much and to all my north carolina buddys